Update the ability to Protean and Libero to the Gen 9 versions

Hello! So, a long time ago, Protean got reworked because it broke Gems/Crystals/Globes/Dusts with the constant type changing. However I feel like the current rework to giving every move STAB kinda feels like a band aid solution to the problem while removing the core feature that made Protean unique in the first place.

Fast foward to the current day, Scarlet and Violet nerfed Protean (and Libero which is basically Protean but named differently) to instead changing every time the move is used, to once per battle.

And this had me thinking, what if instead of Protean and Libero being worked into ONLY giving STAB, it could be reworked again to changing the Pokemon type… but once per floor! It could bring the abilities back to what they’re supposed to do + not be as gamebreaking.

What do you guys think?

i’m not too familiar with the issue but, wasen’t the issue that those items can’t quite register type changes and would keep giving thier buff after the pokemon type as changed allowing you to stack them?
so wouldn’t this change just run into the same issue? just. slowing it down a couple of floors?

as much as this is a good idea, i much rather the staff team get gen 8 all together first before jumping into gen 9.