Updates (5/4/2011)

The last server update took a long period of downtime to complete, but here’s what we have now, mostly related to the Pokedex upgrade:

-Level 0 moves have been added to the learnsets of all Pokemon. New players can start right away with a few moves like Scratch, Tackle, Leer, etc., while the older players with evolved pokemon can go back and relearn some nifty early moves for their evolved forms.
-5th Generation moves have been added to the learnsets of all Pokemon. These moves have not yet been made, but with this update you’ll see them come in bit by bit.
-Pokemon have abilities now! Again, this will also be implemented over time. All abilities of a single Pokemon are active at once, like in PMD. Some Pokemon even have 3 due to the Dream World.
-Genders. It’s hard to tell because there’s no indication, but each individual Pokemon that every player has owned, and every Pokemon that spawns out there in the game has a gender now.
-Bad Egg and Empty Box glitches have now been fixed. Feel free to store these items now.
-Egg moves. It’s possible that they may be tutored at some point in the future, but guess where’s the most likely way for you to get a Pokemon that can learn these moves…?
-The Home Key glitch has been fixed.
-Moves that fly in an arc like gravelerocks in PMD (Such as Ice Ball, Mud Bomb, etc.) will now show their animation even if they don’t hit a target.

When the server updates again on a restart, the changes will be detailed here.

Wow! Great job Sprinko! I love these new updates I can’t wait for more bwahaha :P Well till then thanks~

Now that Abilities are in the game, strategical teams for Player Versus Player will be even more fun to create and use within the arena.

I look forward to using my Shedinja now that it is actually useful, maybe later I could host another Tournament…

Hope everyone enjoys the new update!

~Yatterman

Thats a great update =D its really nice (though it has some glitches)

Most big updates come with glitches, so it’s important to report any you find.

There is always at least 1 staff on at many times so like Kirk said, tell them.

awesome job sprinko : P

Yay! now I can finnaly use teleport :D I wonder if abra is ever going to have his water walking ability that he had in PMD Hint Hint. A little birdie told me he has syncronize instead of levetate, I’m going to be so mad if that’s true

yay i foundally get to have the abilitl torrent!

Woot, that is really cool! Great job with that Sprinko~
I cannot wait to try it all out.
Lol @ Ice

All Pokemon have each ability they can use, when released of course.
Example:
Flareon will Have Flash Fire and Guts (Dreamworld Ability) at the same time.

However I just checked Bulbapedia and Abra will get: Synchronize, Innerfocus and Magic Gaurd, sorry :/
Synchronize
Generation III to IV
Synchronize passes on status problems to the opponent that caused the problem. Synchronize will not pass on the Sleep or Frozen status conditions, or if the status condition was obtained from items such as the Flame Orb. Synchronize will have no effect if the other Pokémon has a type or ability that prevents them from being Poisoned, Paralyzed, or Burned. The badly poisoned condition is passed on as regular poison.
Generation V
Synchronize now passes the badly poisoned condition on as bad poison, rather than normal poison.

Inner Focus prevents flinching.

Magic Guard (dreamworld):
Generation IV
Magic Guard prevents indirect damage, such as from Hail, Toxic, Curse, or Leech Seed. It does not prevent status problems, but rather protects from damaging effects. Damage caused upon being switched in, such as Stealth Rock, and Recoil is prevented except from using Struggle. If a Pokémon with Magic Guard causes a Pokémon that used Destiny Bond to faint, the Pokémon with Magic Guard will also faint. Magic Guard will also cancel out Life Orb’s HP deduction without negating its power boost. Additional effects such as trapping from moves like Fire Spin and Attack reduction from a burn are not prevented. If paralyzed, a Pokémon with Magic Guard will suffer from the normal Speed reduction.
Generation V
Magic Guard no longer grants immunity to being fully paralyzed.

You will have all 3 of these ( when released ) , but no levitate :/

yes! finaly! swift swim for mah floatzel!..ooh water veil too! even though i never got the burn condition yet on fl-…wait. someone! in sauna on the lower floors water burns you right? does water veil prevent that? hmm…thick fat and oblivious for pilo…hmm… intimidate,flash fire and justified as growlithes abilitys…ah…hm…pickup quick feet and honey gather for teddiursa…sweet!

I love this new update thanks a lot Sprinko! It must have took a long time to do this but I really appreciate this :P Keep up the great work~

@Kirk

Alot of that is pretty much useless in PMU atm though especially since not many pokemon can even cause any pass-onable status conditions, only use for magic guard atm is for hail

I also reserched his bulbapedia page and would like to point out this

Special abilities
Possessing the ability to read minds, Abra can sense danger. When it does, it usually teleports in order to escape danger. It has been observed that once every hour, it will teleport to another location. By hypnotizing itself, it can send itself into sleep and be able to teleport while doing so. If it decides to teleport randomly, it creates the illusion of multiple copies. However, it can sometimes know some of the attacks its evolved forms know (although, they wouldn’t be as strong). It also has the ability to levitate over water (though it cannot avoid moves like Earthquake), shown in the Mystery Dungeon games. Although Abra will usually flee when it is in apparent danger, they do have the ability to learn many attacks, both physical and special.

basicly in PMD abra was more or less used for quick escapes

You don’t understand that That being able to walk over water is not an ability, it sounds more like a special IQ skill, and IQ is not in PMU. Abra wont be able to walk on water anytime soon :/

but its not a IQ skill at all, they can do it by default in PMD from what I can recall, they could travel over water but I dont think they can travel over lava, basicly it’s more or less permenent slip status

If there are genders, well, what about those that we already have? Can it be player gender? :o

My Chimecho better be a girl, or I’m gonna be mad. >:

My Jolty and Mareep better be female too. D:

PMD used a different aproach to what is used in PMU. In PMU, levitators (I presume?) and Flying Types can move over water (and I ‘think’ lava, though Ive never actually used a flying type in deeper-Sauna so I havent tried it…), whilst in PMD it was more like levitators and pokemon shown to actually hover, such as Beedrill.
So personally, I doubt it will be able to float in PMU, though alowing Pokemon that clearly float to move over water may or may not be out of the question, who knows. (Does Abra float in PMU? If so, you ‘;may’ be in for some luck)