Versus Gold!

Hello everyone, Red the Mudkip here with another super-random piece of writing. This one took at least an hour to write, and I apologize for the VERY long post… But I hope the story of this pays off. :joy:

“Are you ready for battle, kid?” The boy with black hair stood next to his Typhlosion, the flames on its neck giving off probably the only light in the cave. I reached for Enigma’s ball and threw it. “You bet it!”
My palms were quite sweaty as I took my cap off. I was really nervous, taking on the champion of Johto. The fact that he had all eight Kanto badges didn’t help either. My thoughts were interrupted by Enigma’s cry.
“EMPOLEEEEON!” the Emperor Penguin Pokémon roared loudly, casting a steely glare upon my foe’s Typhlosion.
“TYYYYPHLOSION!” the fiery Pokémon shouted in reply. I thought about this situation for a bit. Enigma, as a Water-type, would do well against it in battle, but he’d receive a lot of damage due to being Steel-type. This would be a no-joke, close competition, between me, the champion of Sinnoh with eight Hoenn badges, and the boy, Champion of Johto with eight Kanto badges. The boy’s brown eyes locked with mine, and I immediately started to sweat.
“Well? It’s your turn.”
I blushed. Man, making a small mistake in front of this guy was pretty embarrassing.
“Enigma, use Surf!” Maybe a wide-range move would do the trick, I thought. The Empoleon let out a cry as a massive wave of water rose from the nearest pool and flooded our small battlefield. We were all soaked…
Except Typhlosion. It had used Substitute and was totally unharmed.
“That’s good, Volcano!” the boy shouted encouragingly.
“Now, use Flamethrower!” Volcano opened its mouth and inhaled deeply. Exhaling, a powerful blast of fire was shot at Enigma… too fast for it to dodge. My Pokémon took the blow and was burnt badly. I ran to its side.
“You okay, Enigma?” It turned its head and nodded confidently.
“Try using Surf again!” I ordered to Enigma. Another wave crashed down… and HIT! The flames on my opponent’s Typhlosion’s neck were noticeably weaker. It winced, but looked back up.
“All right, Volcano, use Cut!” The Pokémon extended its retractable claws and charged at Enigma, slashing… But the only thing it slashed was the air. Enigma had stepped to the side, and upon my command, used a Bubblebeam to Typhlosion’s neck. It put out the entire flame, causing Volcano to faint.
“Good job, Volcano.” Gold returned Volcano to its Poke ball. Enigma was probably tired, so I decided to switch out as well.
“Go, Fury!” My Rapidash popped out of her ball-capsuled Poke ball. Due to the seal, the illusion of yellow and purple flower petals, pink hearts, and rainbow stars flashed around her and faded away after about ten seconds. She held her head high, and yelled, “Raaapidash!”
“Ruby! Let’s go!” the other boy cheered as a Latias appeared in a flash of light. I gaped. An Eon legendary!
My opponent went first.
“Latias, shoot a Mist Ball!” The Latias’s eyes started to glow an ice-blue and a fluffy down ball zoomed towards Fury. She was too weak to dodge it; it enveloped her and did some damage. Oh, crud.
“All right, Fury! Try a Flame Wheel!” My pride and joy, Fury, became enveloped in flames as she charged towards her foe. The red-colored Pokémon couldn’t move at first, being a bit scared, but just as Fury was going to make a hit, the legendary moved a bit to the side. My Rapidash was going too fast to stop, so she tripped over a rock and plummeted to the ground. THUD.
Heck, I was losing. Things needed to get more extreme… with a Horn Drill! My heart pounding, I commanded Fury to use it. With much determination, her horn started to spin like a drill, and she ran towards the Latias with her head down.
Unfortunately, due to me being a bit less experienced than this Pokémon Master, I didn’t know that Horn Drill’s accuracy was quite low, only that it was a One-Hit Knockout move. Sadly, Fury missed her opponent by a LONGSHOT. That Latias was just TOO expert!
“Ruby, DragonBreath.” The other boy smirked, seeming to realize he had the upper hand. His Latias, Ruby, shot a purple beam with flecks of yellow, orange, and blue in it. It hit Fury’s side and she fell to the ground, defeated.
“Oh, man!” I winced. My team had always consisted of four Pokémon, since I thought six would be too much of a burden. Now I regretted it. With only three Pokémon to go, my Giratina was the one to rely on.
“Darkfire, go!” In a flash of light, the antimatter Pokémon appeared before me. It roared loudly, and the Griseous Orb I had hung around its neck glowed. The Origin Form Giratina slithered forward slowly.
“Ruby, stay in,” My opponent said. His Pokémon whizzed over to her master’s side and glared at Darkfire.
“Darkfire, use Shadow Force!” I yelled, and my Giratina vanished. Completely. Ruby, unsure of what to do, looked around.
Suddenly, there was a flash of black light and something hit her. It was Darkfire, using its Shadow Force! A super-effective hit, Latias took a mighty blow…
But she still stood.
“That’s good, Ruby! Counter it with Draco Meteor!”
Oh no, heck no. That Latias knew Draco Meteor? Okay, I thought, that is one heck of a killing tool…
Ruby’s eyes began to glow red, and immediately a whole truckload of meteors showered down on Darkfire. It was super-effective, as Dragon is effective against Dragon. Pelted by meteors, Darkfire ducked and swiftly slithered out of range.
Draco Meteor’s effect ended quickly, so I ordered my Giratina to use Telekinesis. It didn’t have much effect. Ruby tried another Draco Meteor, and the meteorites that left behind a purple tail started to fall. This time, Darkfire was wiped out.
“Aw, man!” I narrowed my eyes and thought that this was going to be my defeat. With two Pokémon down, it was time for Luxray to shine. Returning Darkfire, my capsuled Luxray was released from its Poke ball, letting out a shower of holographic yellow lines, yellow and blue thunderbolts, and rainbow confetti. My foe calmly returned his Latias and sent out a Lapras.
“Lacey, Ice beam!” he shouted. The Lapras glared at Luxray and shot a beam of ice shards at my Pokémon. It hit… And it was a super-effective hit. Oh, how lovely. What I wouldn’t do for a few revives… although we had promised not to use any items.
Fortunately, Luxray countered with a Bite. Lapras cried out in pain and tried a Surf, making a wave crash upon all of us. I wrung my scarf, wondering if the barrage of waves would ever end. My foe couldn’t help but laugh a bit. He took off his cap and shook it, taking the water off. “These Surfs are getting a bit out of hand…” He stated kind of quietly.
Lacey, his Lapras, tried a Blizzard. It hit hard, and Luxray was almost frozen. But my brave little wolf shook it off. Roaring, Luxray charged(no bad pun intended) at Lacey and used a full-out Take Down. She was defeated.
“…Lacey, return.” My opponent threw his Poke ball. I cheered silently. We seemed to have the upper hand!
“All right, this is my last Pokémon!” He announced. My hand made its way to Enigma’s Poke ball. We started this battle with Enigma; we’d end it with him!
“Marx, let’s go!” my foe shouted, releasing a Mudkip. It had a ball capsule, too. Filled with rainbow stars and matching confetti. I nearly doubled over with laughter. A Mudkip? His last Pokémon? Wow, some challenge.
“Go, Enigma! Let’s take him down once and for all!” My heart started to pound harder. Enigma steeled himself and roared at Marx.
“Enigma! Use Bubblebeam!” I yelled, feeling more anxious and excited and nervous all at the same time than I had ever felt. I swear, at that moment, I thought I’d die. It was just… Absolutely… Amazing… and suspenseful… and…
Enigma opened its mouth and let a barrage of bubbles stream at the Mudkip.
“Counter it with Surf!” the boy ordered, shouting as loud as I was. The water rose from a pool nearby and cascaded down upon us. We were all screaming HARD, and I was just barely able to order Enigma to use another Surf over our panicky voices.
On came another waterfall. It was so very cold… the brine pelted my skin. I felt salt in my mouth…
And then black…

I sat up. “Whoa, what happened?”
“Muuud-kip!” Marx skipped over to me.
“Empoleon,” Enigma chuckled in a low voice next to my ear. Startled, I turned my head. My trusty starter was sitting next to me. And by the wall of the cave, my opponent sat cross-legged, seemingly thinking about something. He suddenly looked up.
“All I know is that I passed out. And now we’re here. Out of all the days I’ve explored this cave, the chamber we’re in… I’ve never seen it.” The boy took off his cap and ran a hand through his black hair… So black it looked almost blue…
I shrugged. “Who could have brought us here? I don’t think anyone else is here… U-Unless…”
No, don’t think about that, I thought to myself. Focus on… Who this interesting guy is. “So, we never introduced ourselves, did we? What’s your name and who are you?”
The boy gave me the ‘Why do you want to know’ look, but answered anyway. “Gold, of New Bark Town. I’m ten. You?”
My heart skipped a beat. “Nice to meet you, Gold… I’m Lucas. From Twinleaf Town. I’m ten as well!”
I was glad that my opponent, such a worthy one, was my age. I didn’t have to act older around him… And we could be good friends, too!
“…So why… if you’re such a great Trainer and all, Gold… Do you use a Mudkip? In this case, especially? I mean…”
Marx hopped to his owner and glared at me indignantly. Gold laughed a little. “This Mudkip, Marx, is actually one of my strongest Pokémon.”
I blinked. “What?”
“Well… I trained it and didn’t want it to evolve, so…” Marx looked at the Ever stone that was in a little pouch slung around his neck. 
[i]I see that you’re having a pleasant conversation.[/i]
“Who said that?” We both asked.
I might as well show myself, then.
A pale purple Pokémon floated to the ground behind us. We turned around. “…What?”
The Pokémon had a dark purple tail, small ears, a snout, and menacing blue eyes. 
I am Mewtwo… I have been seeking a worthy opponent in these caves ever since my last opponent defeated me…
“Who was your last opponent?” Gold asked, looking puzzled and scared at the same time.
You might know him. He is… I guess about thirteen now. But… He was an absolutely amazing opponent. Watching your battle, I see that it will be pleasant to battle against the both of you at once.
“…So you’re challenging us to a battle.” I concluded, seeing that Mewtwo was the one who brought us here.
Yes. I healed your Pokémon in case you accept the challenge. …But the question is that. Will you accept it?
“I’m up for it, as long as you show us the way out afterwards!” I grinned and exchanged happy glances with Gold. Mewtwo nodded, agreeing to show us out after the battle.
“Let’s go!” I shouted, grabbing my Poke balls and psyching myself up for the battle that followed.
“Are you ready for battle, Lucas?” The boy with black hair stood next to his Typhlosion, the flames on its neck giving off probably the only light in the cave.  I reached for Enigma’s ball and threw it. “You bet it!”
My palms were quite sweaty as I took my cap off. I was really nervous, taking on the champion of Johto. The fact that he had all eight Kanto badges didn’t help either. My thoughts were interrupted by Enigma’s cry.
 “EMPOLEEEEON!” the Emperor Penguin Pokémon roared loudly, casting a steely glare upon my foe’s Typhlosion.
“TYYYYPHLOSION!” the fiery Pokémon shouted in reply. I thought about this situation for a bit. Enigma, as a Water-type, would do well against it in battle, but he’d receive a lot of damage due to being Steel-type. This would be a no-joke, close competition, between me, the champion of Sinnoh with eight Hoenn badges, and the boy, Champion of Johto with eight Kanto badges.  The boy’s brown eyes locked with mine, and I immediately started to sweat. 
“Well? It’s your turn.”
I blushed. Man, making a small mistake in front of this guy was pretty embarrassing. 
“Enigma, use Surf!” Maybe a wide-range move would do the trick, I thought. The Empoleon let out a cry as a massive wave of water rose from the nearest pool and flooded our small battlefield. We were all soaked…
Except Typhlosion. It had used Substitute and was totally unharmed.
 “That’s good, Volcano!” the boy shouted encouragingly.
 “Now, use Flamethrower!” Volcano opened its mouth and inhaled deeply. Exhaling, a powerful blast of fire was shot at Enigma… too fast for it to dodge. My Pokémon took the blow and was burnt badly. I ran to its side.
 “You okay, Enigma?” It turned its head and nodded confidently.
“Try using Surf again!” I ordered to Enigma. Another wave crashed down… and HIT! The flames on my opponent’s Typhlosion’s neck were noticeably weaker. It winced, but looked back up.
“All right, Volcano, use Cut!” The Pokémon extended its retractable claws and charged at Enigma, slashing… But the only thing it slashed was the air. Enigma had stepped to the side, and upon my command, used a Bubblebeam to Typhlosion’s neck. It put out the entire flame, causing Volcano to faint. 
“Good job, Volcano.” Gold returned Volcano to its Poke ball. Enigma was probably tired, so I decided to switch out as well. 
“Go, Fury!” My Rapidash popped out of her ball-capsuled Poke ball. Due to the seal, the illusion of yellow and purple flower petals, pink hearts, and rainbow stars flashed around her and faded away after about ten seconds. She held her head high, and yelled, “Raaapidash!”
“Ruby! Let’s go!” the other boy cheered as a Latias appeared in a flash of light. I gaped. An Eon legendary!
My opponent went first. 
“Latias, shoot a Mist Ball!” The Latias’s eyes started to glow an ice-blue and a fluffy down ball zoomed towards Fury. She was too weak to dodge it; it enveloped her and did some damage. Oh, crud.
“All right, Fury! Try a Flame Wheel!” My pride and joy, Fury, became enveloped in flames as she charged towards her foe. The red-colored Pokémon couldn’t move at first, being a bit scared, but just as Fury was going to make a hit, the legendary moved a bit to the side. My Rapidash was going too fast to stop, so she tripped over a rock and plummeted to the ground. THUD.
Heck, I was losing. Things needed to get more extreme… with a Horn Drill! My heart pounding, I commanded Fury to use it. With much determination, her horn started to spin like a drill, and she ran towards the Latias with her head down.
Unfortunately, due to me being a bit less experienced than this Pokémon Master, I didn’t know that Horn Drill’s accuracy was quite low, only that it was a One-Hit Knockout move. Sadly, Fury missed her opponent by a LONGSHOT. That Latias was just TOO expert!
“Ruby, DragonBreath.” The other boy smirked, seeming to realize he had the upper hand. His Latias, Ruby, shot a purple beam with flecks of yellow, orange, and blue in it. It hit Fury’s side and she fell to the ground, defeated.
“Oh, man!” I winced. My team had always consisted of four Pokémon, since I thought six would be too much of a burden. Now I regretted it. With only three Pokémon to go, my Giratina was the one to rely on.
“Darkfire, go!” In a flash of light, the antimatter Pokémon appeared before me. It roared loudly, and the Griseous Orb I had hung around its neck glowed.  The Origin Form Giratina slithered forward slowly.
“Ruby, stay in,” My opponent said. His Pokémon whizzed over to her master’s side and glared at Darkfire. 
“Darkfire, use Shadow Force!” I yelled, and my Giratina vanished. Completely. Ruby, unsure of what to do, looked around.
Suddenly, there was a flash of black light and something hit her. It was Darkfire, using its Shadow Force! A super-effective hit, Latias took a mighty blow…
But she still stood.
“That’s good, Ruby! Counter it with Draco Meteor!”
Oh no, heck no. That Latias knew Draco Meteor? Okay, I thought, that is one heck of a killing tool…
Ruby’s eyes began to glow red, and immediately a whole truckload of meteors showered down on Darkfire. It was super-effective, as Dragon is effective against Dragon. Pelted by meteors, Darkfire ducked and swiftly slithered out of range.
Draco Meteor’s effect ended quickly, so I ordered my Giratina to use Telekinesis. It didn’t have much effect. Ruby tried another Draco Meteor, and the meteorites that left behind a purple tail started to fall. This time, Darkfire was wiped out.
“Aw, man!” I narrowed my eyes and thought that this was going to be my defeat. With two Pokémon down, it was time for Luxray to shine. Returning Darkfire, my capsuled Luxray was released from its Poke ball, letting out a shower of holographic yellow lines, yellow and blue thunderbolts, and rainbow confetti. My foe calmly returned his Latias and sent out a Lapras.
“Lacey, Ice beam!” he shouted. The Lapras glared at Luxray and shot a beam of ice shards at my Pokémon. It hit… And it was a super-effective hit. Oh, how lovely. What I wouldn’t do for a few revives… although we had promised not to use any items.
Fortunately, Luxray countered with a Bite. Lapras cried out in pain and tried a Surf, making a wave crash upon all of us. I wrung my scarf, wondering if the barrage of waves would ever end. My foe couldn’t help but laugh a bit. He took off his cap and shook it, taking the water off. “These Surfs are getting a bit out of hand…” He stated kind of quietly. 
Lacey, his Lapras, tried a Blizzard. It hit hard, and Luxray was almost frozen. But my brave little wolf shook it off. Roaring, Luxray charged(no bad pun intended) at Lacey and used a full-out Take Down. She was defeated.
“…Lacey, return.” My opponent threw his Poke ball. I cheered silently. We seemed to have the upper hand!
“All right, this is my last Pokémon!” He announced. My hand made its way to Enigma’s Poke ball. We started this battle with Enigma; we’d end it with him!
“Marx, let’s go!” my foe shouted, releasing a Mudkip. It had a ball capsule, too. Filled with rainbow stars and matching confetti. I nearly doubled over with laughter. A Mudkip? His last Pokémon? Wow, some challenge.
“Go, Enigma! Let’s take him down once and for all!” My heart started to pound harder. Enigma steeled himself and roared at Marx.
“Enigma! Use Bubblebeam!” I yelled, feeling more anxious and excited and nervous all at the same time than I had ever felt. I swear, at that moment, I thought I’d die. It was just… Absolutely… Amazing… and suspenseful… and…
Enigma opened its mouth and let a barrage of bubbles stream at the Mudkip. 
“Counter it with Surf!” the boy ordered, shouting as loud as I was. The water rose from a pool nearby and cascaded down upon us. We were all screaming HARD, and I was just barely able to order Enigma to use another Surf over our panicky voices.
On came another waterfall. It was so very cold… the brine pelted my skin. I felt salt in my mouth…
And then black…

I sat up. “Whoa, what happened?”
“Muuud-kip!” Marx skipped over to me.
“Empoleon,” Enigma chuckled in a low voice next to my ear. Startled, I turned my head. My trusty starter was sitting next to me. And by the wall of the cave, my opponent sat cross-legged, seemingly thinking about something. He suddenly looked up.
“All I know is that I passed out. And now we’re here. Out of all the days I’ve explored this cave, the chamber we’re in… I’ve never seen it.” The boy took off his cap and ran a hand through his black hair… So black it looked almost blue…
I shrugged. “Who could have brought us here? I don’t think anyone else is here… U-Unless…”
No, don’t think about that, I thought to myself. Focus on… Who this interesting guy is. “So, we never introduced ourselves, did we? What’s your name and who are you?”
The boy gave me the ‘Why do you want to know’ look, but answered anyway. “Gold, of New Bark Town. I’m ten. You?”
My heart skipped a beat. “Nice to meet you, Gold… I’m Lucas. From Twinleaf Town. I’m ten as well!”
I was glad that my opponent, such a worthy one, was my age. I didn’t have to act older around him… And we could be good friends, too!
“…So why… if you’re such a great Trainer and all, Gold… Do you use a Mudkip? In this case, especially? I mean…”
Marx hopped to his owner and glared at me indignantly. Gold laughed a little. “This Mudkip, Marx, is actually one of my strongest Pokémon.”
I blinked. “What?”
“Well… I trained it and didn’t want it to evolve, so…” Marx looked at the Ever stone that was in a little pouch slung around his neck.
I see that you’re having a pleasant conversation.
“Who said that?” We both asked.
I might as well show myself, then.
A pale purple Pokémon floated to the ground behind us. We turned around. “…What?”
The Pokémon had a dark purple tail, small ears, a snout, and menacing blue eyes.
I am Mewtwo… I have been seeking a worthy opponent in these caves ever since my last opponent defeated me…
“Who was your last opponent?” Gold asked, looking puzzled and scared at the same time.
You might know him. He is… I guess about thirteen now. But… He was an absolutely amazing opponent. Watching your battle, I see that it will be pleasant to battle against the both of you at once.
“…So you’re challenging us to a battle.” I concluded, seeing that Mewtwo was the one who brought us here.
Yes. I healed your Pokémon in case you accept the challenge. …But the question is that. Will you accept it?
“I’m up for it, as long as you show us the way out afterwards!” I grinned and exchanged happy glances with Gold. Mewtwo nodded, agreeing to show us out after the battle.
“Let’s go!” I shouted, grabbing my Poke balls and psyching myself up for the battle that followed.

Well, once again, I apologize for the massive length. Putting that aside, constructive critiscm is asked for and appreciated! :joy: I hope very much that you liked this story. Red the Mudkip, over and out!

I’ll be honest, I didn’t read it. ._. (Note: This post was approved and allowed to be posted by Red)

You’ll probably get more of these posts RedtheMudkip, but there’s a solution.

I suggest double spacing instead of single space, as single space makes it look like a wall of text. And many people don’t want to read a wall of text, but a story formatted well.

You’ll probably get more of these posts RedtheMudkip, but there’s a solution.

I suggest double spacing instead of single space, as single space makes it look like a wall of text. And many people don’t want to read a wall of text, but a story formatted well.[/quote]
All right, thanks for the tip. I’ll be sure to use it in the future. :joy: