Viivi's Map Designs. .:Suggestions:.

Ohaiiii, my dear PMUers! I am Viko, better known as Viivi In-Game. I had the Plan to make a small Mapping Guide, the Problem is just, there is already one made. So, since the actual Basic Mapping Maps are taken, I got something else for you.

Designs.

What I mean with this? Let me explain. It is cool to know, how to map and all. You just don’t know what to map at times? That is what I want to help you with. The Ideas. I will give you some Design Examples from which you can see how to map certain Things.

Please, mind something. I am giving Suggestions. I won’t explain the Layers and how to put the Cliffs together, you can check this all in Char’s Guide out.~

The Screenshots below will show how to map one Area in a few Steps from Ground > Basics > Stuff in between > Details > Finish.

Hope you enjoy it.~ Happy Mapping. c:

Design Example 1- Plains

Design Example 2- Town

This is awesome, Vii! Often, we don’t have very good ideas when it comes to what we should map, and this will help a lot! Thank you sooo much! Not only do you give us some ideas, but you also give examples! How great!

This is an awesome guide Viivi! I simply loved how you showed the steps in animated format! Wonderful idea ^^

Maybe you could go more into detail when showing these. Give a few tips… mention to scatter grass patches, ect.
But nice examples. ^^

They"re both great, I like the town, but have you ever thought about expanding as far as creativity? for example, the trees…why not have more than single trees how about a tree behind a tree, if you understand what I mean etc. Other than this your detailing is good <3

Ooh, very nice maps. o: I simply love the idea how you showed us step by step as well! Also, just an idea, why not make a snowy map? With cliffs, frozen water… just an idea though. Keep it up though! :la:

Well, I normally do it that way with the Tree behind a Tree, I know all this. Thing in this case is, these are just little examples and giving it to much, could confuse People who are new to Mapping. >: But besides this, Thanks a lot. :heart: