What are your thoughts about the recent announcement regarding Pokemon Home?

It was enough to make me drop the game entirely. I completely 180’d on what I felt about SwSh. I went from rather excited and happy to completely upset. I’m glad I didn’t pre-order. Despite the fact that it seems like most of my favorite Pokemon survived the snap, I’m still not buying the game purely for the same reasons I didn’t buy GtI or LGPE.

Did your favorite Pokemon make the cut? If they did are you still going to buy the games?

(for those of you who may be unaware, what essentially happened is Pokemon are cut from SwSh. You can’t even transfer them into the game after you’ve beaten it. They’re stuck in gen 7 or trapped in Pokemon Home, so while you can put them in Home, you cannot put them in the game.)

1 Like

It’s disappointing for sure since I believed the switch to the Switch was to give all Pokémon room to fit into one game. Apparently this will become a future idea for future games to only include region-locked Pokémon, which is another thing I don’t like the sound of. It’s the Pokémon World, and Pokémon were transferred into different regions before, so why make it so no other Pokémon can get in the new games?

I’m still going to buy the games though despite that, since despite the problems, it does show potential. In the future, maybe they’ll realize how bad of an idea it was and fix it so all Pokémon are included.

1 Like

It’s disappointing but im not personally too bothered even if my favorites dont make the cut.
Pokemon have been cut from games before, this is nothing new. I understand being upset about not being able to uptrade important mons, but i wouldnt be surprised if you can uptrade in future games, or any secondary games contain the rest of the dex.

birdkeepertoby made a good video on it that i thought summed up my thoughts

But not from mainline games. This is the first time in a main line game where Pokemon have been cut.

1 Like

That may be so! but i dont think we could expect them to continue implementing every single pokemon once we pass 1000. I don’t think this is a bad thing, of course its a little upsetting to not have your favorites with you, but I have no doubt they wont be gone forever and will probably be actively rotating out the dex so others will probably be in the next games.

1 Like

I think that like @shadowlucario50 said, they will realize the mistake they made and fix it. So maybe they will make an “Ultra Sires” of sword and shield and fix the mistake in those newer games.

1 Like