What do you think of the Nintendo 2DS?

Nintendo just announced that they’re making a “2DS”…you can find the video here. Your thoughts?

My first thought was “IT CAN’T FOLD! D:” and then I thought that it’s kind of a waste of money because it’s exactly like the 3DS without a 3D option and it can’t fold. It would’ve been fine if you could play DS, 3DS, and GBA games, but they didn’t think of that. What have you done, Nintendo? :cry:

Okay. Rant mode activate!
[hr][/hr]
SURE WE HATE ON THE 3DS BECAUSE IT GIVES USELESS EYE HURT 3D FOR NO REASON, BUT WHO GIVES A CRAP? WE CAN TURN IT OFF FOREVER IF WE WANTED. I JUST WANT CERTAIN GAMES ON THE SYSTEM. THAT ISN’T SYNONYMOUS WITH I WANT A NEW SYSTEM THAT DOESN’T HAVE A 3D OPTION.

NOT ONLY IS THE 2DS A TOTALLY USELESS SYSTEM, BUT THE DESIGN. OH GOD. NINTENDO ONLY MADE IT BECAUSE IT WAS CHEAP AND IT WAS A WAY TO GET PEOPLE WHO REFUSED TO GET THE 3DS BECAUSE OF THE 3D AND BUY THEIR GAMES AT THE SAME TIME. THERE’S A LOT OF SPACE THAT COULD HAVE BEEN DEVOTED TO MORE SCREEN, BUT NO. JUST MORE PLASTIC, PAL. AND HAVE I MENTIONED HOW MUCH I ABSOLUTELY HATE THE JOY STICK LIKE THING? CAN I HAVE MY D-PAD BACK? IT LOOKS LIKE A TABLET AND WII U HAD SOME SORT OF CHILD. IT’S WAY LESS PORTABLE TOO. IT’S LIKE TRYING TO FIT AN iPAD IN MY POCKET, AND I CAN’T DO THAT.

INSTEAD OF BUYING A TOTALLY NEW SYSTEM, I THINK I WILL SHELL OUT A FEW MORE BUCKS TO BUY A MORE PORTABLE SYSTEM THAT DOES THE EXACT SAME THING SO I CAN PLAY MY DANG GAMES.
[hr][/hr]

Okay. Thanks.

…Dare I say that I thought I’d never see you get mad, Agu? xD;; Anyway, I agree with every word of that. owo

…Dare I say that I thought I’d never see you get mad, Agu? xD;; Anyway, I agree with every word of that. owo[/quote]

That was very . . . ranty. If I didn’t type it caps, it might have come off as more of an argument than a full blown shoutingfest. xD

I’m not exactly angry as I can possibly be, I’m just pretty fed up with it.

I don’t think I’ve actually snapped in real life. Usually I just keep it to myself. ^-^

From what I’ve read so far on another site, it’s a cheaper 3DS without the 3D. It doesn’t have the 3D for people who don’t want it, but I guess it’s also for kids under the age of 7 who can’t use the 3D. Also, from what I heard, it doesn’t fold because it can break easier otherwise? It doesn’t make sense to me, but I guess it can break apart, so, since it’s in one piece, it can’t break apart?

This may not apply to you or I, but there is a guidelined age range on using the 3D functionality on the 3DS, not to mention those users falling under the age range are also those most likely to break the hinge on a 3DS.
The 2DS is actually designed more for the younger players, hence the release date on the pokemon release date, or there abouts.

My nephew is a big pokemon fan, he’s only 6 years old, and being able to play Pokemon X and Y will be great for him.
You people are just looking at this from your perspective, but from a parent’s perspective, this will make the most ideal christmas present for their 4-10 year old child.

You guys should at least be thankful that they’re looking out for everyone. It shows nintendo cares.

Dandy, I agree with you. I actually talked about this on a Podcast and on a news article I wrote. The Nintendo 2DS, looks like it will sell good, and it does have a good audience (even though it’s directed to a younger audience) to reach out too. It’s far more compact, and it fits in a carrying bag, which would fit not only the system and the games which would allow it to become more portable. The controls look like they have been risen and looks far more comfortable. That’s just my opinion, but I think it actually likes a great audition to the the family of the Nintendo 3DS.

Dandy, I agree with you. I actually talked about this on a Podcast and on a news article I wrote. The Nintendo 2DS, looks like it will sell good, and it does have a good audience (even though it’s directed to a younger audience) to reach out too. It’s far more compact, and it fits in a carrying bag, which would fit not only the system and the games which would allow it to become more portable. The controls look like they have been risen and looks far more comfortable. That’s just my opinion, but I think it actually likes a great audition to the the family of the Nintendo 3DS.[/quote]

I guess I missed the aimed at a younger audience part. > - < ;;

More onto my opinion on the 2DS, I don’t really care about it, I guess, being a 3DS owner. I’m just glad that there isn’t a new set of games just for it, because I just recently got a 3DS.

What the heck is this, it can’t fold? Odd design? You have to get a bag to carry this around? Completely useless, Nintendo just wasted money on this crap. In fact, if the 2DS doesn’t have any games, I’m sticking with my 3DS XL, thanks. Maybe Nintendo should come up with a 1DS next, where you move in a continuously straight line in every single game. It would probably be better then this, imo.

Apparently, it’s okay for kids to use the 3D option.

I see how children could break the folding screens, but if that was the case, then couldn’t they make it smaller or at least (as Agu said) increase the size of the screens/make it one big screen? I can see a lot of extra space on it and it looks kinda awkward.

Want my opinion, plain and simple?

It"s a gigantic pile of trash.

Its essentially a 3ds stripped of its 3d feature, and it can’t close.

I understand its for the children, but seriously. Why is it not able to close?

I forsee a grim future for this thing.

I should also stress the opinion of many that critiqued the 3DS when it was first released, many said that the 3D hurt their eyes, or that it was just plain blurry, or even that it was just a gimmick.
With many of nintendo’s famous game franchises now transiting from DS to 3DS, Pokemon included, those fans who enjoy Pokemon but are skeptical about the 3DS, now have an affordable way to play the games.

Nintendo are attempting to win back this group.

On another note, it has only one screen to save on costs. Hence why it doesn’t fold.

doesn’t the Nintendo 3DS have parental options where they can turn off the 3D? Plus i do agree that the 2DS is meant for young people but, why make a DS that cant close? It’s been closing since the first and now its gonna stop? It can be cool without it closing sometimes but kids are gonna be staying up most likely on their 2DS and how will they close it or turn the light off it once a parent goes in. I dont know if it’s gonna be a good or bad effect to Nintendo but isn’t kind of ridicules that they can just turn off the 3D option instead of buying another handheld?Sure it may cost less but what about when they finally want to use the 3D?

Thats just my opinion in the 2Ds.

I don’t see why everyone’s freaking out about it. It’s a cheapy 3DS without the 3D Gimmick. It’s for people who don’t want to spend as much money on it. I know tons of people who never even use the 3D on it. I’m most likely going to get one. I never really thought to buy the 3DS because It was silly and gimmicky. The 3D doesn’t add much to it for me.

You are actually right.
And no , I don’t say that because I maybe will get one , but that 3D feature is as I heard from friends pretty much giving you headaches if you don’t look on the same direction.And I think that 20-50 Euro taken off are a good deal for someone who only wants to play the Pokemon games .
And about the aesthics : I don’t really care how it looks, the game I play is important for me.