Winden Overhaul -- General Appearance

Hello!!!

As many are aware, Winden does not receive as much love as other regions, and that is understandable as it is a fairly restrictive region, as to what you can place there. Especially when it comes to dungeons.

Winden may seem very “white-washed”, with the majority of it’s colouration coming from the snow, and the light brown cliffs that it currently uses (what I’m trying to say, is that Winden is very bright), and the main cause for this, was this being the only option available at the time Winden was created. As time has gone on, so has many other updates, and with these updates, came a darker brown cliff, and one that has snow on it too!

Winden has a lot of potential, and I don’t mean with dungeons, I mean with it’s current tileset. I do understand, that it will require a lot of work, but I strongly feel that in the long run, it will give Winden a fresh coat of paint, one that breaks up the current colour a lot more - especially from the current sets it has now.

Back when I was staff, I edited my tilesets to put my idea forward to the rest of the team, even though that was a little while back, chances are, it had been forgotten by now! Therefore, I’d like to bring my vision to the forums, and to other players! Personally, I feel the dark brown breaks up the whitened region, and makes it feel more scarce with what is currently there. With a number of higher level dungeons, or “stronger” dungeons being in Winden, I feel it’s also a good explanation to fit in with the darker cliffs to be considered “dangerous” to some extent.

I’ve attached some screenshots, but please feel free to voice your opinion and/or other suggestions for the region below!!

Thank you!!

Prism
Screenshot307
Screenshot308

(Please ignore that things such as corners/cave entrances don’t line up with the colouring, I only edited the bulk of it, to see how it would look.)

Would be great to see, Winden is my favorite region & I would love if it got some much needed attention. It would be a lot of work though. Those are nice screens that give an example of what it’d be like.

2 Likes

not really much to besides add Winden has so many blocked off areas/ unused spots and my support +1 :+1:

2 Likes

Agreed! As a Winden lover and someone who very much loves the snow winter tiles, I seriously feel like Winden is underlooked compared to the other 3 regions. A huge Winden overhaul would be so appreciated even if it did take a lot of work. However, I feel like as a region they need to add more. It seems really small compared to all the other regions and I only really go to Winden if I was to go to Sky Fortress, whereas other regions I at least have multiple dungeons that I go to so I can actually visit the region itself.
Whether its dungeons, features or anything unique that was specific to Winden - I feel like it would make an impact and definitely for the better.

2 Likes

Love this idea! Winden used to be much much more bland, before Char foxie and I added the path, but evens till regions of taiga remain wide expanses of nothingness.

psst … that’s not how you use the word white washed! xD

1 Like