Your Top Ten Pokémon!

Your Top 10 Pokémon?

Yup… remade this topic, since I was talking with Levy about the kinds of pokémon we like.

So yeah, post your top ten here, after all can"t be too hard to shorten six-hundred-and-forty-nine pokémon down to ten, right?

Just a note; doesn"t matter why you like the pokémon, be it by design, by strength, by colour. Just as long as you like them!

[spoilerDandy"s Top Ten Pokémon (30th April 2012):3edi9mmq][b]Number 1Quilava - Fire Type - Generation II

Why do I like it?
Well, it"s got everything hasn"t it? It"s small, it"s cute, yet it"s feisty and tough. Besides, it reflects me perfectly… doesn"t mind having a flaming butt as long as it maintains it"s composure.[hr][/hr]Number 2Scrafty - Dark/Fighting Type - Generation V

Why do I like it?
Everyone else likes it because of the “pants”. Personally, I feel it"s cool. Even without the “pants” it would look cool. I mostly like the idea of the fact that it keeps it"s shed skin. Not sure why, I just find that cool. Besides, the fact that it looks pretty epic, and that it has amazing typing… Pretty strong, probably won"t be removed from my team… ever.[hr][/hr]Number 3Croconaw - Water Type - Generation II

Why do I like it?
I seriously don"t know why I"m obsessed with the Gen 2 starter"s first evo"s… I don"t really take well to water types much, but this one seems to catch my eye, and I"m very drawn to it.[hr][/hr]Number 4Leavanny - Bug/Grass Type - Generation V

Why do I like it?
Leavanny has an amazing design, some pretty cool moves, it"s a shame about it"s typing, otherwise it would be able to stay in my team for longer than a day… darn flying and fire types… with their x4 effectiveness… but yeah, this whole family is pretty epic.[hr][/hr]Number 5Weavile - Ice/Dark Type - Generation IV

Why do I like it?
A couple of good friends of mine got me into liking this one… Pretty good dark type, even better Ice type… just need to work out a decent way of getting Ice Punch on it… lol.[hr][/hr]Number 6Skarmory - Steel/Flying Type - Generation II

Why do I like it?
I have been quite a fan of Skarmory for a long time, It"s a bird… that looks like it"s a demon… I swear it… It"s an amazing design, and you don"t wanna mess with it. Sturdy makes it even better… heheheh… [hr][/hr]Number 7 Zigzagoon - Normal Type - Generation III

Why do I like it?
Very few people will know this, but before I liked Quilava so much, I was a big fan of Zigzagoon. I used to use it as my signature pokémon. (We"re talking… 2008ish) Still a fan of it though, Got my life on track now though… no running in zigzags. Heh…[hr][/hr]Number 8Manectric - Electric Type - Generation III

Why do I like it?
If you ever remembered me in PMU6, you would"ve seen me using a Manectric. I was pretty much a lone wolf back then, very quiet, kept to myself a lot… Manectric was my second favorite pokémon when I started PMU6, it was very under-used. I did use it as a signature pokémon on PMU alone, but when PMU7 hit, I switched back to Quilava. (Everywhere else, however, I was still a Quilava.)[hr][/hr]Number 9Xatu - Psychic/Flying Type - Generation II

Why do I like it?
Xatu has always been a great mystery to me, I remember battling the one in the elite four, back in the gold and silver days… I couldn"t work out what it was, where to get it, or anything… it mystified me, so much… Then I read into it, and it was a pokémon that really intruiged me. To this day, it still does.[hr][/hr]Number 10Mienshao - Fighting Type - Generation V

Why do I like it?
Mienshao has a great design, it"s also another weasel/stoat pokémon, which are some of my favorite types of pokémon… heheh… I also like to kick butt.

[/details][/b]

Because I don’t want to take up too much space, I’ll put it in a spoiler~

Number 1:
Why I like it: It"s a sheep. I love sheep. It"s adorable. I love adorable. Simply put, I just love Mareep unconditionally<3
Number 2:
Why I like it: It"s adorable, and it"s going to be a hard-hitter in PMD. Dem abilities<3
Number 3:
Why I like it: Based on its appearances in the anime, it has a really nice sense of humour.
Number 4:
Why I like it: LOOK AT IT. It is just the sweetest thing you"ll ever see. ; u ; I absolutely love it.
Number 5:
Why I like it: It"s simply cool looking. I love it. Venusaur is too ugly for me to like. s:
Number 6:
Why I like it: Lilligant. Luligant.<3 Has a really nice design, in my opinion. Plus it has such a pretty flower on its head~!
Number 7:
Why I like it: FLUFFYWUFFYKINS.
Number 8:
Why I like it: Cloud pillow bird thingy<333
Number 9:
Why I like it: It"s a dinosaur. With a leaf on its head. How could I not love it c:
Number 10:
Why I like it: I think Togetic represents me the most from all Pokemon, really. Joy-giving Pokemon, always happy. That"s just like me, in my opinion. s:

Wow, I looked back on the thread last year. And my favorites have definitely changed, lol.
Still just as tough though, lol.

[spoilerChar"s Top Ten Pokémon:3k1i68ha]Number 1

ARTICUNO
[hr][/hr]
Number 2

DRAGONITE
[hr][/hr]
Number 3

CHARIZARD
[hr][/hr]
Number 4

FLYGON
[hr][/hr]
Number 5

PSYDUCK
[hr][/hr]
Number 6

LEAFEON
Number 7

VENUSAUR
Number 8

BLASTOISE
Number 9

ALTARIA
Number 10

KINGDRA

[/details]

[details]
Top 1:Yuss. As you can see, I am using Infernape. In PMU, DPPT, And PMD.
Top 2:Grovyle definitely was one of the best. It caught my attention most in PMD 2. Time gearz FTW. <3
Top 3:Bui, bui. :3
Top 4:I"m training Staravia in PMU atm…but… Star is just BAWSS. <:
Top 5:Ziggy! Ziggy, ziggy, ziggy, ziggy, ziggy, ziggy, ziggy, ziggy~ ZIGGY <3 Despite it"s fail moves, it surely is the CUTEST in my opinion. :3
Top 6:This one was one of the hardest pokemon to recruit in PMU </3 I did get this first one in my 60+"s
Top 7:I"m a girl for crying out loud. I kinda like it for it"s design though. c: (See Flight"s account c:)
Top 8:3 words: I. LIEK. CLAWZ.
Top 9:I like this one for it"s personality~ Insert Ludicolo Dance here
Top 10:Erm. Why did I put this in top 10? It"s Awesome. Awesome as ever. Hope to evolve Electabuzz soon… </3

[/details]As I"ve noticed, I"ve been changing my favs as a grow up. Top one here used to be top one. This took me a total of 40 minutes to make. Thanks for viewing c:

Top 10
1.)Umbreon
2.)Dragonite
3.)Tyranitar
4.)Lapras
5.)Typhlosion
6.)Exeggutor
7.)Rhydon
8.)Ampharos
9.)Pidgeot
10.)Charizard

Shiny Charizard: Being fascinated by dragons always led me to chose the fire type starter :3
I originally started making this my signature Pokemon before PMU. While I was still messing around with sprites around stone age, the deal was sort of sealed when conversing with one of the retired admins.

Mew: Hands down my favorite legendary. It’s so simple and adorable with a playful and witty behavior to match.

Shiny Dragonair: Love the color scheme. The design is so elegant and warm, yet simple, with shiny orbs to boot. That shy gentleness is also a bonus.

Salamence: Those anchor wings are so lovely. I would usually dedicated myself to getting one in both my ruby and emerald before the pokemon league. I also find that story about bagon wanting to fly very inspiring!

Milotic: Interesting patterns color choice and doesn’t like conflict, nuff said.

Shiny Absol: I’m good with both color schemes. That’s what I call sharp! Misunderstood prediction warnings making it appear like the black cat; I find that awesome.

Dragonite: The sea’s adorable lifeguard. I wanna hug eet!

Shiny Umbreon: Mysterious adorable bunny foxes with intense eyes, Yes please!

Raikou: So poofy yet so majestic.

Mismagius: Mage cat spirit that likes to mess around people heads; I approve.

Ugh they are all number 1 to me…

1. Bulbasaur

I love Bulbasaur because he was my Pokemon Blue starter which was my first pokemon game and i will never forget him
    2.Pachirisu

I love Pachirisu because he is the prettiest Pokemon and it helped me in my Pokemon Platnium
    3.Pikachu
    I love Pikachu because he was my character on PMD Blue and Sky

4.Riolu
    I love Riolu because he was my partner in PMD Sky

5.Charizard
    I love charizard because he is definetly the strongest pokemon ever!

6.Squirtle
    I love Squirtle because he is the best water pokemon (along with its evolutions)

7.Reshiram
    I love Reshiram because he is the best Legendary ever!

8.Wigglytuff
    I love wigglytuff because he was the leader of Wigglytuffs guild and helped me.

9.Gastly
    I love Gastly because he is my favorite ghost type pokemon

10.Bidoof
    I love Bidoof because it was my most favorite NPC in PMD sky
    NOTE!: They are all #1 to me

Well, i have two pokemon in the middle of the number one. But i"ll just post the likings about it since i have 2.

1. Lilligant.

Like: It"s design, strength and beauty. I love everything about it, equaling to cherrim ewe but i love lilligant. Always, too. <3
    Dislike: Nothing, really.

2)Cherrim.

Like: I like the closed one better, for some reason. Anyway, i LOVE the design, it"s so cute. (Just like me LOLOL) and it"s strong, too. I like how it opens up when the sun comes out.
    Dislike: Some people don"t like it.

3)Manectric;

Like: Oooh~ I LOVE Manectric! I love it"s moves, looks, and strength. this used to be my number one Pokemon, but it still is <3
Dislike: Absolutely NOTHING.

4)Flaaffy~

Like: It"s sooo fluffy!~ :3 i really like the designs, and it"s adorable. Like Luli said, i love adorable things too. x3 It also has a cool evolution chain.
Dislike: Nothing about it xD

5)Mightyena;

Like: I used to really love Mightyena. Than manectric, and so on. I love how it acts and i love it"s voice. I also like how it"s useful in battle! :3 (I also liek the styles, too.) and it"s a dog/wolf xD!
Dislike: I kinda don"t like the defense. It NEEDS to be higher in the games.

6)Azumarill

Like: I just like it because of its designs and attacks x3 i also like how it acts in the anime.
Dislike: Nothing~

7)Suicune~

Like: Yep! The mighty Northwind wolf. I LOVE it"s stats, designs, and i LOVE how it acts in the anime~
it"s just so cool, it can walk on water and its so awesome! xD
Dislike: … Serious? xD

8)Cresselia

Like: Ahh~ Cresselia. :3 i love it because it"s beautiful and gentle. I love the attacks it has, and it"s an annoying little pokemon in the game (d)!
But i still love it, because i have a shiny one<3
Dislike: … How it"s annoying in the game xD

9)Meinshao

Like: It"s just that awesome. I love its designs and EVERYTHING xD its been my favourite for quite awhile.
just haven"t mentioned it to anyone until now c:
Dislike: Nothing about it~

10)Altaria~

Like: The fluffiness and i think everyone likes this pokemon… xD
Dislike: Really nothing :L

Also, for me, it"s 1-10, (Aka greatest to least; 1fav-10fav

~~

Yep. I have more but Lilligant, Cherrim and Manectric are my main faves. <3

… wow! This ended up vacuuming up a lot of my time unintentionally, but I did find it a little difficult about halfway down the list to really start narrowing. I thought about adding Gen 5"s to the mix (I have quite a few favourites from there, including scraggy, minccino and vanillite just to name a few) but decided to stick to the previous four generations instead for old time"s sake.

Here"s my best attempt, with longer-than-they-should-be explanations as to why I like them. I have no regrets doing this. 8-)
Nope… none whatsoever…

Number 1:
Growlithe

[sup:30gubpxl]My first real admiration of growlithe came from my Team Rocket obsessions yeeeears ago. Back then, I liked most of the pokemon owned by Jessie and James simply because I loved TR, and since I"m a persistent dog lover, I was hooked with James"s growlithe, Growlie most of all. It wasn"t until I stumbled upon PMU and first used growlithe in a roleplay (I almost went with shinx since it was my character in-game… just think how different that would"ve been!) when it became my “pokesona” over time without me even realising. I love everything about it, especially its loyalty… and since loyalty is one of my personal better traits, I"m happy it"s the pokemon that"s become my signature over the years (even if it is a bit overused).[/sup:30gubpxl]

Number 2:
Meowth

[sup:30gubpxl]As you"ve probably guessed, this one also stems far back into my prime Team Rocket obsession years and even earlier than that. The funny thing is, I never really considered myself a “cat person” (I think they"re cool, but find themselves nowhere near my love for dogs) but I"ve always loved meowth - specifically, the infamous talking meowth from Team Rocket. His wise-cracking attitude has never failed to amuse me, and he really is a childhood love that has been with me for a long time. As growlithe will probably never fall from the #1 spot, meowth too will probably never fall from #2. Quite loyal to my roots, I am.[/sup:30gubpxl]

Number 3:
Azumarill

[sup:30gubpxl]Honestly, it"s insane how azumarill still stays so highly ranked in my list of favourite pokemon. This is yet another pokemon that has grown with me in my memories, and as such, I just can"t bring myself to dislike it – at all! My first game (excluding Colloseum) was Pokemon Sapphire, where I ended up picking up a marill… who for some reason grew so much on me that I ditched my swampert and stuck to mostly training my azumarill. It became the main powerhouse of my team and swept most of the E4 all on its own. It was my first pokemon to level 100, a memorable feat for most avid players of the Pokemon series. The game happened to be restarted by my cousin afterward, but I"ve always named my future azumarill after her in her honour. R.I.P.[/sup:30gubpxl]

Number 4:
Crobat

[sup:30gubpxl]I"m really not too sure how crobat first started growing so much on me. For some reason, I wasn"t particularly into most of the “bird” pokemon in the pokemon games, though I always needed a flying type for that HM Fly… over time, it just became a habit of mine to always pick up a zubat the earliest I could in every game, and train it to be the “flying” pokemon of my team. Crobat never seemed to fail me in the past, either. I have had so much fun in the past abusing its speed for delivering confuse rays, poison and status effects galore. Gah, what can I say? I bloody love you, crobat. Don"t ever change that wonderful expression of yours.[/sup:30gubpxl]

Number 5:
Bulbasaur

[sup:30gubpxl]I just can"t help loving a lot of the pokemon I used to love as a child. When I was very young, my sisters and I would run around, pretending we were the starter pokemon… and I was always bulbasaur, since it was my favourite of the three, and also fit my personally back then since I was just really shy and gentle, as opposed to the “bossier” charmander and squirtle. I remember watching Pokemon as a kid and witnessing Ash"s bulbasaur in action, thinking to myself that if pokemon were real, I would definitely choose bulbasaur for my starter pokemon. Bulbasaur is still my favourite starter… because I suppose I just never change, do I?[/sup:30gubpxl]

Number 6:
Skuntank

[sup:30gubpxl]It"s weird, because with the mixed feelings I had with the arrival of Generation 4, I did have a couple that just seemed to really stick to me. Skuntank here was one of them. First time I knew I wanted one for my team was in my first Diamond playthrough, when I heard the fart noise it has for its cry, and instantly wanted to add one to my team. Oddly enough, I don"t have too many “memories” surrounding this one, though its role as a comic relief villain in PMD2 only caused me to love it even more than I had before, so I suppose I have Team Skull to thank for that.[/sup:30gubpxl]

Number 7:
Leafeon

[sup:30gubpxl]Another Gen 4? What is this madness? Strangely, I wouldn"t even consider leafeon a Gen 4 favourite because… I liked it before it even existed, if that"s even possible. Before Gen 4 came out, I created my own grass-type eeveelution because I wished I could have one in-game: the result was named “Spadeon”, and it had some differences such as vines at its sides that were flecked with flowers, though it also had similarities such as a large leaf for a tail. When I saw the new pokemon up on Serebii, I almost had a heart-attack to see that there was now a grass-type eevee in existence (though I was admittedly a little sad that it had to be given such a simple name, buahaha). Most people might actually not know this unless they"ve been around PMU for a while, but a leafeon (Landon) was the second pokemon character I ever created, second only to Wolfy the growlithe.[/sup:30gubpxl]

Number 8:
Aron

[sup:30gubpxl]Aron is seriously one of those “favourites” where I am absolutely clueless as to why I really like it. I"ve used it on countless teams, sure, but aside from that, it"s mostly just been up there in my “Hoenn favourites” (along with zangoose and wailord) and I"ve just… always liked it. I must admit I have a bit of a thing for dalmatians, since 101 Dalmatians is my favourite childhood film… and my first impression of it, I remember was “aww, it looks like a little dalmatian!”. I found out later that it wasn"t actually a canine pokemon, but I still liked it nonetheless. There"s something about its big blue eyes that are just really cute to me.[/sup:30gubpxl]

Number 9:
Wobbuffet

[sup:30gubpxl]Woooooba wooba! Considering my Team Rocket roots, I tend to forget about the Team Rocket pokemon I used to love, but I honestly can"t deny that I love the blue blob of blobbiness. It always seemed so useless in the anime, until you saw its countering moves in action. It"s such a troll, they have to ban it in competitions – well, I"m not a competitive battler, but that"s the last I heard anyway. It"s truly a symbol of Team Rocket in my eyes, especially since wobbuffet"s role seemed to become even more prominent than weezing and arbok"s, if that was even possible. I guess my obsessions with Team Rocket are what really led me to see this guy"s charms.[/sup:30gubpxl]

Number 10:
Shinx

[sup:30gubpxl]I told myself I didn"t want to get myself too attached to a lot of Gen 4 pokemon (for some reason, I was really against it at the time – dunno why). Thanks to PMU though, shinx grew on me and somehow comes to mind now when I think of my“favourite pokemon”. Back when I first started playing PMU, I had looked at the starter selections on the website and decided I wanted meowth. I ended up walking into the “electric” gemstone with no idea how to go back to Destiny Cavern, so I picked shinx since I decided it would be best out of the selection. Shinx was my character in-game for a really long time, especially since the game wouldn"t get recruitment or evolution for a few months or so. Behind the scenes, I was roleplaying as a growlithe character on the forums, so over time I really wanted to be able to have a growlithe on PMU. It was a really long time until that actually happened, so I would just play as my shinx (and later on, luxray) until then. During that time, I really learned to like shinx – for nostalgia"s sake, I still have one occupying my second slot in PMU.[/sup:30gubpxl]