10 Days in Anthem City (Roleplay!) [CLOSED]

Okay, guys. This is the actual RP. I will repost the plot and rules in case you need them.
Plot
Anthem City, located in the western part of Exbel, is a (kind of) large and beautiful city. Its magnificent Native Exbellian-style buildings, tall trees, and fresh, country air make it a popular tourist spot. What if you had the chance to live in this great city or stay on vacation for ten days? Well, you"re in luck, because this is the perfect opportunity to come: Anthem"s 100-year anniversary! There will be parties, events, and more for ten days, and streets will be decorated with Exbel colors. This RP is about those ten days in Anthem City!

Rules

1. Any and all of the Pokemon Mystery Universe rules apply.
  2. Keep it rated PG (E 10+) or less than that (G/E); no graphic violence, sexual themes, swearing, or other things like that are allowed.
  3. No Mary Sues (or Gary Stu for a boy). These are characters that are all-powerful, absolutely perfect, flawless, and with no mistakes.
  4. Do not God-mod (or control another person"s character) unless you have permission from the other person to do so.
  5. A maximum of characters allowed is 4 (NOTE: This only applies for “main” characters that you have; extras [such as a random guy on the street who says “hi” to your Pokemon and has no major role in the entire plot] do not count and you don"t need a form for them.)
  6. Please use the character form when joining the RP.
  7. No fighting with each other. This experience should be fun for everyone.
    Have fun, guys!

[hr][/hr]

Red ran quickly through the streets of Anthem. The following week would be quite busy–with all the preparation for this big festival, everyone would be occupied with their planning. So, he’d have to get to Lacey’s shop before it was too crowded.

He skidded to a stop in front of the old stone building, shaped like the head and shell of a Lapras. This was a native Exbellian style building–the native Exbellians used to shape their buildings like the owner Pokemon. Entering, Red walked straight over to the decorations section, where quite a few Pokemon were bustling about and choosing decorations that were the national Exbel colors. Red started to look over the ornaments, thoughtfully staring at each one.

(OOC: I have to go now, guys. I’ll be back tomorrow. Good night, and you can continue the RP without me. Bye!~ :joy: )

(OOC: yay RP!)

IC:
A black-and-white blur weaved through Anthem. Dodging every passersby, the Shinx finally arrived in a building shaped like a Totodile’s head. Barging in, she saw her friend, Lovino, eating tomatoes…as usual.

“Holy cra-- Don’t you know how to knock?!” the Totodile complained, gulping down the rest of the tomato he was eating.

Marise sighed. “I need your help decorating! I’ve been chosen to decoraaaaaate!” she whined. Immediately, a pillow was thrown at her.

“Well? You gonna stand there the whole 10 days or am I gonna help you?” Lovino muttered, already standing in the doorway.

The black-and-white Shinx laughed. “I knew you’d help me, Lovi!”

“Don’t call me that!”

–MEANWHILE–

In the outskirts of the city, a Spinda paced in front of her house, constantly looking at the buildings at Anthem City. “Should I? Or should I not?” she thought aloud.

She sighed as she saw a familiar black-and-white shape run past the streets, an annoyed Totodile behind her. “There they are!” she said happily, catching up to them. “Hey guuuuys!”

Marise turned to the voice to see Yuu running towards them, once in a while nearly tripping. “Oh, hi, Yuu!” she said, waving a front paw at the Spinda.

Lovino just shrugged at Yuu - it was just his way of saying hi. Lovino is Lovino.

“Hey, Yuu, wanna help me and Lovi decorate?” Marise asked - only to get a soft smack upside the head by Lovino.

“I told you not to call me that, idiot!” the annoyed Totodile hissed.

The Shinx laughed. “Anyways, Yuu, wanna help us?”

Yuu nodded, “Da! I’d love to!”

And the three friends went off to Marise’s house to pick up the decorations for…well, decorating.

(OOC: Just in case,
Da = yes
Niet = no

ALSO IT’S AWKWARD TO TYPE LOVINO’S NAME SOBS.)

Draeden walked slowly through the streets of Anthem City. He’d heard about some sort of festive event that was happening here and figured that he should see what it was all about. As he walked around, he, on occasion, nearly tripped on a few things here and there, due to them being in his blind spot as he wasn’t used to being blind in his left eye as of yet.

(ooc: Sorry for the small post.)

The sun beat down warm and comfortable on Suokong as he rested among the tall grasses of a gentle hill. Below lay the city of Anthem, preparing itself with much bustle for an annual festival that was particularly special this year. One hundred years was nothing to scoff at, and the parties held on such an anniversary were particularly elaborate, to Suokong’s delight. There was nothing he loved more than a great party as a break from his travels.

He jumped up quickly, a fresh rush of energy flooding him as his mind began to race with expectations and excitement. He snatched up the wooden staff that had been laying at his side and placed it over his shoulder, setting off down the hill in hopes of delicious food and an evening of enjoyment beneath the looming celebrations. There was too much to do for one Monferno, but he was going to do it all before the end of the festival, he didn’t get a break like this every day.

As he passed from dirt road to cobbled stone, buildings climbed up from the grasslands around him and he found himself consumed in the energy of the city. All around him Pokemon walked, ran, and bumbled about to prepare for the festival and complete their daily duties side-by-side. Newcomers flooded in from the outlying areas and crowded the streets with strange feet. All around the air smelled of fresh cut wood, and fresher food.

Suokong couldn’t help but marvel at the amount of gathered even before the festival started. He could imagine how quickly word must spread through the area if such crowds were already drawn in. Enthralled by his thoughts and pondering he found himself stopping just short of collision with a pink figure almost twice as tall as him. It turned to look at him for a second before a friendly voice echoed in his ears.

“How can I help you, friend?” The Slowking extended his arm in greeting, and Suokong shook it eagerly. The Slowking was tall, but not imposing. An air of friendliness seemed to surround him, and his smile was inviting, but not creepy. A perfect first acquaintance in a new locale. “You’re not from here are you? Another guest visiting for the festival! Great!”

“Yeah, just a guest, I’m really looking forward to your festival,” Suokong could feel his attention slipping already, but he did his best to stay engaged with the conversation. “I’m Suokong, Sun for short.”

“Ruvian, at your service, why don’t you follow me for a bit, I’ll show get you familiar with the city.”

“Lead the way,” Suokong nodded and followed the Slowking closely as they made their way toward the city center.

As she neared the festival, May gazed in awe at the gigantic amount of Pokemon. The crowd was staggering and there was a lot of noise. But May didn’t care. She was in Anthem City. She hummed and skipped into the city, and there she looked around, looking at all the decorations being put up. “Well, I guess I got here early, Teehee!”
(Yeahyeah I know I’m bad. This is my first forum RP)

Draeden sighed and looked around for a place he could rest. He was tired of walking around constantly bumping into things and occasionally other Pokemon. He spotted a place where not many people were and thought about going to sit over there, however, as he walked over to the area, Pokemon already crowded the area, so he was forced to find a new spot. He looked around hoping to find a friendly face to ask about the festivities. As a traveler who avoided most populated places, Draeden was unfamiliar with customs of most places including Anthem City’s. He spotted maybe three or four that he might talk to, but Draeden ,not wanting to be a bother, kept walking around.

(OOC: It’s okay if your post is short, Marie. :P And WHOOOA THAT’S A LONG POST JINXATU. Anyway, awesome job Splash, for your first forum RP! :D This is my first forum RP too. ^_^;; Also, is it okay if I run into one of your characters, guys? )

Red handed a basketful of items to Lacey behind the counter. She looked at the ornaments carefully and pressed a few buttons on the register with her horn. After Red had paid, she smiled and nodded, which was her way of saying “Have a nice day”.

The Mudkip hastily grabbed the basket, nodded his thanks, and darted outside to his home. Another Mudkip was standing just by the door, waiting expectantly. “Okay, thank you, Red. This will be enough to decorate the porch… I think,” she said, taking the basket from him.

“No problem,” he puffed, “and now I need to meet Leo in the plaza. See you.” With that, he rushed off.

“What a busy kid,” the Mudkip said, shaking her head. Then she proceeded to get a few tools and start adorning her porch with the multicolored, beautiful decorations.

(sure. Why not Draeden? He’s got nobody to talk to.)

Draeden sighed and looked around. He turned his head to the left to get a better look at what was on his left side. “This is going to take some time getting used to. . .”

(OOC: Thanks, I took your advice :P)

Red expertly wove his way through the streets, crowded with busy Pokemon that were just as hasty as him. However, he quickly lost patience and decided to run instead of watching his way…

“Oof!” Red hit something. Hard. “S-Sorry,” he stuttered to the Absol who he had bumped into. Red couldn’t help but notice the scar over his left eye. What had happened there?, he wondered. What if this Pokemon was unfriendly and would attack him?

Don’t think like that, Red! Be polite!, he told himself. Trying to ignore his sudden nervousness, he smiled to the Absol and greeted him. “Anyway, hi, I’m Red! What’s your name? Are you new here? I can show you around, I still have some time…”

Draeden flinched a bit when he was bumped into. “Oh I’m sorry.” He turned a bit so he could see who bumped into him. “Are you alright?” He tilted his head as he asked the Mudkip in a calm voice.

“O-Oh, I’m fine!” Red replied, a bit too loudly. Then he realized he had nothing else to say, and his face started to turn red with embarrassment (AHAHA A PUN /shot). “Errr… What’s your… name?” he asked awkwardly.

Draeden chuckled slightly. “No need to get so embarrassed. My name is Draeden.” He looked at the Mudkip with a slight smile. “And you are?”

“Uhh, I’m Red!” Red answered, returning the small smile. “Nice to meet you, Draeden… Do you know your way around here? Or do you need a guide? I’d love to show you around here…” he continued. Leo could wait. After all, this dude was waaaaaaaay more interesting than silly old ninja-obsessed Leo.

Dreaden’s smile got a little bigger. “Red, huh? It’s a pleasure to meet you. You want to be my guide?” Draeden was a bit shocked. He’d been places before, but most pokemon refused to talk to him, let alone guide him around a city. “Well I don’t see why not. . .I actually would like some company. I don’t know much about the festivities or Anthem City for that matter so a guide would be very helpful.” Draeden was very accepting of help at the moment. “Although, you’ll have to keep me from running into things if you want to be my guide. I will run into people or buildings that I can’t see with my right eye as I am blind in my left.” Draeden looked at the Mudkip named Red.

“Oh, okay!” Red was overjoyed; glad that he had an excuse to avoid meeting Leo and glad to have met someone new that he could talk to. Oh, how fun it was for him to talk. “Anyways… Over here!” Red gestured to the right, where a tall building stood. It was shaped like a Pikachu head. A VERY big Pikachu head. “This is Town Hall. It’s shaped like the founder of this town, who lived–you guessed it–100 years ago!” Red wasn’t sure if Draeden had really guessed that the founder lived 100 years ago, but he just decided that it sounded cool to say the phrase. “If I can remember, her name was Forgotten,” he continued, and he wasn’t sure if Draeden would get that sentence, either. “She had an odd name, I think… Wait, it was Forgotten! But if it was Forgotten, people wouldn’t remember, right?” he started to talk to himself, almost oblivious of Draeden.

(OOC: BLAME IT ON FORGOTTEN. /shot)

Draeden chuckled as Red began to talk to himself and show him around. He admired the way that the buildings were made shaped like their owners. He didn’t mind that Red began to space off as he began to ramble about the founder’s name and when the town was founded. “If you don’t mind me asking, What is this festival about? Is it in remembrance of the founding of the town? And how does one go about the festivities when they are not from here?” Draeden began to ask Red questions about the festival that he was curious to know the answers to. “Also, how come the festival is so popular?” Draeden lived out in the forests so he didn’t know much about things that happened in big places such as this.

As she made her way through the busy streets of Anthem City, she bumped into a lot of Pokemon, saying “Oops! Sorry!” and “Excuse me!” every time she did. She wondered what to do, what was going on, and where to visit first.
(OOC: Bluh short paragraphs)

(OOC: Sorry for taking so long to post. I’m also doing a little bit of my math homework online, so… ;n; And my mom wants me to make tea for her. T_T;)

“Eeyup, it’s in commemoration of the founding of Anthem! Also, it’s fine if you’re not from here. You just join the fun in like everyone else does! It’s very popular because of the hard work that citizens put into decorating the area, and the festivities include many games for both children and adults, special food made from old Exbellian recipes using local resources, and reenactments performed, telling Anthem’s history, by numerous and random celebrities that everyone makes a big deal about,” Red replied enthusiastically. “Now, let’s–”

Red!!” a Mudkip shouted from behind them. Red turned around. “Hi, Sapphire! What are you doing here?”

“Red,” Sapphire scolded, “You’re not supposed to be dawdling and talking to strangers. You have a TOWN to decorate! And others are waiting on you, too…” she added. Then the Mudkip turned to Draeden and asked somewhat rudely, “And who are you?”

(OOC 2: YAY WADDLE YOU’RE ONLINE 8D
Can I interact with you, too? :D)

Draeden’s eyes sparkled at the thought of games. He loved playing games, but he never got the chance to partake in any very often due to Pokemon thinking he was dangerous. Absol turned his head to the right when he heard a voice behind him He turned around to get a better look. He saw another Mudkip and looked at Red who seemed to know her, then back to the other Mudkip when she asked him a question. “Me? I’m Draeden. Red here asked to show me around as I was lost and I since wanted to know a bit about the festival I accepted his offer. I’m sorry if I took him away from something important.” He bowed slightly in apology.

(Fish in a can you two move quick.)

Suokon clenched his teeth together tightly. For almost an hour he had followed the Slowking, Ruvian, and had seen almost nothing worth seeing in the city. The oaf seemed oblivious to his discomfort, however Suokon didn’t have the heart to tell the Pokemon he was being bored to tears. He followed Ruvian to the next sight, one they had been over three times while they walked in a perpetual circle.

“Enough!” Suokon burst out, before quickly clamping his hands over his mouth. He glanced around at the attention he’d drawn, pairs of eyes watched him carefully as they passed on. Ruvian, on the other hand, was just turning to look at him. “Er… I mean. Thank you… Ruvian. I think I have to be going now, I’m quite hungry,” he felt the kindness in his words was both hesitant and forced.

“Oh! That’s quite alright, I can show you where you can get a bite to eat,” Ruvian looked about the street they were on, and before receiving the Monferno’s reply, marched onward down the street. Suokon pulled his ears in frustration, but followed the kindly tour guide toward a new part of town.

A minute passed, and Ruvian stopped himself, jarring Suokon from his misery. “What is it? Are we there?” Suokon looked around the Slowking to see more crowded streets.

“Hm… I think we’re lost… where were we going again?” Ruvian looked innocent, but Suokon face contorted in a mix of fury and defeat before he bellowed out a roar of anger, quickly fleeing form the Slowking and into the city.

“Hm. Such a nice child. He’ll go far,” Ruvian turned back to the street and continued on without aim.