Active Pokemon Family Item Briefcase

Game breaking and new way to spice up some life in this PMD spin-off.

For new players, inventory management is one of the worst things to deal with early game, along with trying to farm family items and held items that can help increase stats of your mons in your party. A full set of held items and family items can easily take up 2-3 pages of inventory space alone just for one Mon. Once you move towards end game, your party also suffers from being limited to roles such as the carry, the runner, the supporter, and the HM slave. So what if we could help with party diversity along with saving inventory space?

Active Pokemon Family Item Briefcase

A separated inventory system where you can collect AND STORE family items for your Pokemon party. I would like to see it where it can hold one of every Pokemon family item, but if that’s too game breaking then it can have a limited amount of space where it can only hold an X amount of family items.

As a collector, I would like to be able to have a place to store every single family item in the game since even the bank storage is limited (and idk if the storage could even hold that many items in the first place, combining with the fact that you need it to store items such as revives and elixirs, etc.). It can also add a new goal to the game where you can fill up something trying to collect every single family item in the game. This can also be viewed as a new way of making farming boxes more fun, enjoyable, and giving the player a reason to pick up every box they come across to see what goodies are inside.

This can even recreate how we come up with parties at end game as a whole. Being able to have more than one Carry Mon in your party can help players feel like that they can use more than one Mon in a party or in later dungeons in general. One gripe I have with this game is feeling like you have to make a party fully around one Mon to run the later dungeons and barely use the other Mons in the party since they exist only for the carry Mon.

TLDR; new separated inventory system for active family items to free up inventory space. Very game breaking and can open up new meta ideas for end game players along with assisting new/returning players (such as myself).

P.S. ; Devs, you can modify it to however you please, such as this storage system not being active with family items, limiting it’s space, changing the name, adding a questline to unlock it, whatever you wanna do. Just please think about it. Thank you for your time.

I appreciate the suggestion, though we actually had a pretty similar idea show up back in September, to which I’ve just responded not too long ago. That idea revolved more around storing the items rather than utilizing them though.

Basically my response to that thread amounted to “sounds like a neat idea, but as is we tend to just run our favorite mons anyways and ignore other fam items, and the remaining appeal to those who just like collecting things doesn’t feel like enough of a niche to budget the development time to it (compared to something else that would affect more/all players)”.

Though I wouldn’t be opposed to getting development time on an update to help make these items easier to find in storage by category separation. An entirely new inventory/storage system isn’t in the cards right now though.

1 Like

aight thanks for the response, appreciate it.