Eevee as a starter

I was going to make this my own topic, but It actually had the same title as this topic so I felt like I should just post here In case It’d be considered a duplicate and then locked.

I (me) am going to go over the reasons why It should and shouldn’t be a starter.

Why It should:

• It was a real starter lol there’s nothing more to It. I really believe a PMD based fangame should have the PMD starters. We have almost every other PMD starter except Eevee, Phanpy and Machop and Axew but who cares. Phanpy was a starter but was removed after the Destiny Cavern update for some reason. The fact It stopped being a starter can’t be a reason either since that applies to most of the other hero cavern starters also RTDX Is a thing now.
  • It can still be “”““rare””“”. Eevee was a starter yes but In Rescue Team you know where you had to get It aside from a starter pick? Joyous Tower. And It can still be an event thing because Celebrate and possible LGPE moves. Allowing people to get one (1) Eevee via a starter Isn’t that big of a deal. I actually think putting It In HT Isn’t that bad of an Idea. I joined before Vulpix was added to Destiny Cavern, I really wanted It and ended up getting It from HT. Now that Vulpix Is a starter, If Eevee was one It would sorta fit. Even though Eevee Is one of FF’s main things, Buneary Is still exclusive there. It being a starter doesn’t mean It has to be removed either even, since, ever since the DC update, starter locations have not changed at all.

Why It shouldn’t:
Because I genuinely can’t think of a reason It shouldn’t be a starter I’ll go over other people’s reasons.

• Yeah, that’s true, but It being too popular I always saw as a very bad reason since we have Vulpix, Riolu, and Fennekin, which are popular In the fandom. People liking It shouldn’t mean It can’t be a starter. That’s like saying It shouldn’t be In the game at all. And even not being a starter people use It a lot, I don’t think It changes much. There are ( and this might come as a shock ) people who like to pick the starter they got when they actually played PMD which Is not always Eevee.
  • This doesn’t exactly apply since this post was 8 years ago and we have FF now, but “just wait for HC” Isn’t a good reason either In terms of Eevee being a starter specifically since we have Gen 7 starters, two of which aren’t permanently released yet and will probably be present In upcoming HCs.
  • Eevee won’t be very overpowered, even If this Is the only somewhat decent reason I’ve heard for It not being a starter. Unlike most of the starters, you can Immediately get a 525 BST Eeveelution once you get your Engraved Tablet and the required Item ( which you can likely get by just asking ), as Eevee won’t need to be at a certain level. However, this also applies to Togepi-Togekiss which has a higher BST than that. Vulpix like I mentioned Is a popular Pokemon that’s a starter and can also go straight to Ninetales with a stone, which has a BST of 505. The only really OP thing Is that you have access to a variety of types. Even then, Eeveelutions don’t have fantastic movepools and coverage.

One message I remember In the conversation on Discord was from Andy, saying something along the lines of “we don’t have to follow any game word for word”. PMU doesn’t, and also literally can’t being an online MMO, but I just don’t see the harm.

I don’t mean to sound harsh or complain because I personally don’t care If It never gets added, I just don’t see any valid reasons to not Include It as a starter. If you have a reason It shouldn’t be added or have counter points to mine please go ahead and enlighten me.

8 Likes