Event Shop Issues -- Gameplay Items Locked Behind Events

Hello!

As many of you may know, there is a brilliant guy, a guy who we all know as Ludicolo! He runs the Event Shop, right here, in Spinda’s Cafe. Here is a photo of him:

Currently, Ludicolo sells various items, but the primary ones being the type Gems/Crystals/Globes, and most recently, the Pokemon Gift.

These can be purchased with Event Tokens. Which, as you guessed it, are locked behind the weekly events (as well as the occasional Holiday Cave).

However, these items, as mentioned above, are also locked behind these events. Not only are these events just once a week, there are a number of players, who are unable to attend, due to their timezone (this is not at all anyone’s fault). Meaning, these players would have to wait for somebody to sell the item they want.

That’s not too bad, right? Well… now with the addition of the Pokemon Gift, there is quite the chance that these items will no longer be accessible to said players (the occasional one here and there); due to the Pokemon Gift being way more desirable. (As well as the price increasing, for these items).

While I understand these items should indeed be rare, I do not believe they should be locked behind events, where a fair number of players are unable to obtain them, especially if they aren’t being sold. As it stands, events are purely cosmetic, and in no way, affect the gameplay of PMU. I strongly believe that the Event Shop, should also be purely cosmetic, with the disguise items, being obtainable here instead, as they too, do not affect the gameplay of PMU- disguise items are also fairly sought out for. Music items could also be put in this category too.

My suggestion is basically asking that we don’t lock gameplay-changing items behind events, where not everybody is able to attend - and not locking these items, where only those fortunate enough to be in a timezone that allows them to attend events, are able to obtain them. Music/Costume/Even Some Pokemon Keys (Such as the keys for Alolan Sandshrew/Vulpix, as these can be obtained through normal means, but an event can push someone to getting them even sooner).

Thanks
-Pris

Pretty much sums up my position on this in its entirety.

While I talked more about what I think could be done with gems/globes post-event shop here, as far as the root of the problem goes, I think you’ve hit the nail on the head.

1 Like