Event Tokens and Mission Rewards - Introducing Explorer Tokens

I find this argument to not hold up under scrutiny

yes I know It doesn’t

Like Ikia said, missions are one of PMD’s core features. They’ve for the most part been the same In every game besides like GTI where you can only do one a day for some reason. PSMD Is probably the game that does It the most different ( I can’t speak for Adventure Squad ). So the thought of some new mechanic being added onto that, Idk It just feels weird, especially when In my mind there could be more simplistic solutions.

In my opinion some Issues ( like this one ) wouldn’t be Issues If things followed PMD more. One example Is the Gem/Crystal split. Before there were just Gems like PMD, then they were split, and now that’s apparently a problem. Dusts also wouldn’t be so common If they were mission exclusive, cough ( but them being outside of missions Isn’t bad either, they’re just too common ). People might not complain about Trip Traps as much If stairs had a confirmation dialog, I mean Secret Rooms do don’t they? Parties don’t stop this from being added.

And It’s not like I’m against every non-PMD thing. 80% of PMU’s Items are main series’ or fanmade. I’m fine with that. I’m fine with the fact you can’t recruit legendaries, If IQ existed that’d be cool but It doesn’t and that’s ok too. I don’t believe water has any effects besides curing burn In PMD but It can do neat stuff here, I like that. There’s a lot more but this would be too long If I listed everything. I’m not even specifically against the token Items being where they are. I just thought their obtainment following PMD would be more reasonable but I guess not xd I even suggested additions that made It follow PMD less so It would account more for the problem In PMU specifically, but granted Plates and bands don’t exist In PMD.

There are plenty of things that’d be better though, like mobility changes, Eevee being a starter maybe, a quiz to determine/suggest your starter would be revolutionary too, that’s a signature PMD thing ( and also something I’m ok with there not being ), and a really good one Is move descriptions but I undestand that Is difficult.

Edit: You know how PMD 6, 5, and any “version” before that were kinda barely like PMD? Only pre-mapped dungeons, stats didn’t even work like Pokemon at all, mana Instead of PP? I’m not an old player so I can’t expand more on that but the point Is that sounds like It sucks. I don’t even know If missions existed back then but anyway you could argue because you play as Pokemon and do dungeons, It was enough like PMD. And I’m aware all those Issues have been fixed now, so I guess I’m bringing It up as a reminder. Some things aren’t good If you stray from PMD too much, and maybe I’m afraid of that or something lol. Staff can do whatever they want In the end. Idrk what else to say/do other than agree my thought process probably sucks but at least try to justify/explain It.

sorry I keep editing this lol I feel like people don’t even think about doing things like PMD. Not wanting to do It that way Is one thing, but does anyone consider It before deciding we need to build an entire new feature? Only because “PMU Isn’t/doesn’t have to be like PMD” It just feels like we’re actively avoiding any similarities or considering them.

2 Likes