Make Everstone Team Held

I currently have to keep my favorite pokemon to use at level 98 to play the game with other people. Doom seeds work, but everstone being a team-held item would ease the burden considerably. It’s a quick small change that could hold lasting results.

I think it would be even nicer if you got the effect if it was just in your bag.

I see both side of the argument here.

I get that playing at level 98 with other players requires doom seed or holding everstone, hence making it team held or in the bag to take effect may seem to be a plan, but what if we take a look at the other side.

Some people might be training lower levels in higher dungeons and is using exp all, and making it take effect as a team held or bag held might not seem to be a good idea.

1 Like

This brings up an interesting question. If a bag item/team held item of Everstone was made, what would it be called? I looked up Everstone and the Japanese, Chinese, and Korean name translations for Everstone is Unchanging Stone ( かわらずのいし/不變之石/변함없는돌). I wonder if we could use that or have some variation of that for the one that can effect all team members?

Either that, or we could do Eternal Stone, which is the Finnish translation (Ikikivi), the Dutch translation (Eeuwigsteen), the Spanish translation (Piedra Eterna), and the Russian translation (Вечный камень). Turkish translates to Eternity Stone (Ebediyet Taşı), which is also pretty close, and Portuguese translates to Stone of Eternity (Pedra da Eternidade). Interestingly, Vietnamese translates to Youth Stone (Đá tuổi trẻ), and Polish translates to Stone of Youth (Kamień Młodości). Just throwing out all the translations of Everstone out here just because. Interesting, Danish, Swedish, and Norwegian countries use Everstone.

3 Likes

It’s true the change would irritate exp. allers, but they have more options already. I don’t feel that strategy alone should have higher priority. Level 98-99 players only have doom seeds as an option since traps always negate Everstone as a permanent option. Exp. all users would still have heart slates as a permanent option. It would balance it out.

o I am the big dumb. I thought everstones would only affect the active Pokémon.

Maybe a team held/bag item version that only effects the active mon could be made (assuming it’s possible for something like this to even exist), but then everstones might become basically useless.

The everstone could be reworked to work like this, although some people might prefer the current effect.

2 Likes

I don’t think that any application have any priority, b/c the reasoning you gave can be applied to both side.

Level 98-99 players don’t just have doom seeds option, they could have a more diversify team, like maybe you can use another pokemon, or something. Or even, as you list it, heart slate.

This can also be applied to exp.alling, they could use different mon, or quite frankly, just train them normally.

2 Likes

A diversify team? And just ignoring the problem by having someone forced to switch from mom to mon to play with other people is the problem to be solved, not a solution.

I would much rather they fix the underlying issue. There is no reason why playing with a level 100 should be a detriment to multiplayer.

2 Likes

What Is this actually about? Like training and not sharing exp with others?

If so the only thing I’d suggest Is making It so when you kill things as a level 100, your party members still get It

I don’t know how many people know this but this was actually the case In the past, ( since 2017 according to a random Discord message, thanks veezo ) then the “restoration” from the Foxie situation removed the feature, for what I can only guess Is due to the server being rolled back to a state before the change was made. Like everything else, It was never explained or touched upon and I don’t remember If anyone was told If It was Intended or If It would come back

But that’s my only take on this

E: By the way I’m not just making assumptions about Its existence, If It wasn’t clear I played while this was a feature, as such I was saddened when It disappeared and nobody thought about saying anything about It

5 Likes

Exactly that, training without sharing exp with other players.

1 Like

i don’t see why a diversify team is an issue

second, I disagree with level 100 still giving others exp. It defeats the purpose of running a dungeon… (unless you are only helping someone to get a certain thing)

Being okay with a level 98 giving teammates experience but drawing the line at 100 isn’t going to have sensical argument to back it up.

1 Like

I don’t see any reasoning behind this.

I misremembered bleh, forgot there’s a exp decrease after a certain level, ignore my point.

1 Like

well, the easy solution here to make everyone happy would be to just make a second everstone, one that is team held instead, so people can just use whatever fits thier needs, :wobbafett:

altho i would more prefer to see this nonsense about lv100 preventing exp thing gone since it’s pretty silly, but if staff dosen’t wanna change it for whatever reason,
then just making a second everstone that works as a team held would work prob really well.

that could also works, but im half opposed to the idea cause i think bag items are kinda…lame and boring since they hold no strategic depth. but since ever stone is technically a debuff for convience porpuses it should prob not take a held slot, since taking a held slot makes it incovient and even more harmful which is odd for a convience item. :pikathonk:

That sounds neat until you want to farm other mon with said lvl 98-99 mon and then oops! Nothing can level up.

Even if this were the case, you could just take it off, faint a singular pokemon, then put it back on again. And at the end of the day, the mon benefitting from experience all will be useless at the end of it anyways the way things stand.

But then your lvl 99 mon reaches lvl 100 and no longer works for training.

It’s very simple to set a pokemon to low health, use a slumber orb or some other move, and then defeat it with your exp. all target without having to make your level 99 reach 100.