Mute Global Chat

Continuing the discussion from Global Chat Block, I’m bringing it back up from 2012. When drama or spam arises on Global Chat, many players don’t want to see it all happen while they’re trying to explore a dungeon or just relax in Grassroot while conversing with everyone. So I suggest a /muteglobal command to allow us to not hear anything from Global and, when we’re ready to get back on, use /unmuteglobal.

I feel it could help with a lot of problems of people getting involved in certain situations that get them aggravated and could help out in keeping a calmer chat.

Personally, I don’t see what’s wrong with this idea as It would be a nice addition to silence the global chat whilst gaming with your fellow friends ect…

1 Like

I’m not sure if this is really that important. It can’t be that hard to ignore global. I suppose they might be able to add the chat input boxes to the other menu screens (that useless counter, party, friends list) so you can hide chat that way but I don’t see why this is an issue. I just feel like the staff team have other projects that should have a higher priority.

1 Like

It’s a lot harder for some difficult to ignore the chat box constantly going down because of the amount of people talking. Sometimes, depending on some people it can be frustrating. I happen to be one of those who would be in favour if they had a way to mute the chat.
However, it’s no secret than you can technically disable the chat by going on your explorer kit. Because of this, and as Stormy said, it probably won’t be something that will be highly prioritised.
Don’t get me wrong, I agree with this nonetheless.

1 Like

Not unless you’re doing Friendship Forest and someone keeps spamming stuff in the global chat, making it difficult to send and receive instructions. (Then again, Voice Chat is much better for Friendship Forest.) They’ve done lower priority projects over higher ones (still waiting for the Mission Board fix), and it seems like a pretty quick project to take on since it’s basically just hiding global messages for a user.

I can see how it’d be frustrating with friendship forest, but that dungeon is already niche and as you said it’s generally just better to use voice chat for it. I’m not opposed to such a feature being added, I’m just not sure if it’ll be difficult for them to do so. I feel like if they could’ve done this it’s something that would’ve been done a long time ago.

Would having a chat box specifically for Local Chat in the Party Box be an okay alternatively?Personally I’d love to see that implemented anyway. So you can view your teammate’s health so you can use healing moves such as morning sun much more easily.

of course in a best case scenario a both this and a “/muteglobal” would be added. I could just be negative but I’m not sure if staff are able to. It could be something deep within PMU’s code from when it was first made. Though I’m not at all familiar with coding so please take what I’m saying with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Relying on people to use the voice chat on discord for dungeons such as Friendship Forest is a little bit too much of a stretch. I don’t even think the dungeon is actively used, I think another being Harmonic Tower but eh.
I know that yous said it would be “better”, but you have to also take in account that the users may not have discord or / and they aren’t comfortable talking in voice chat. Not everybody is comfortable talking to random people they don’t know in voice, haha.

However! I do think having separate chat menus would be pretty neat. One’s such as:

• Local
  • General
  • All
  • Trade

and so on, I think it would fit in well and would make more use of the explorer kit instead of relying on one big ol’ chatbox for basically everything.

3 Likes