Mystic coven remake

Regarding the end boxes It was covered In this topic In the past Reworking Mystic Coven's Endboxes

The end boxes are fine now, In my opinion. Y-Ray Specs haven’t been available for years with PBA closed, and the last HC they were In not being rerun. Dusts being too common Is Its own problem though. They really shouldn’t be floor drops In dungeons ( looking at Cch, SF and Boggy Wastes ). Lucky Ribbon and the Slowpoke Tail were TC exclusives before being put In the MC end boxes. Some people are collectors and like these novelty Items, some aren’t. Doom Seeds on the floors and In boxes doesn’t sound too hot, and the Witch Hat Is just overpowered. Wouldn’t It make sense for Items like these to be In a harder dungeon? The others I can get behind but I don’t necessarily think all the other things you mentioned have to be removed.

Here’s a hot take; some dungeons you won’t have a reason to go to, and that’s okay. It’s even like this In the actual PMD games. It’s true that you’ll mostly go to a dungeon for: a recruit, a certain Item, or to beat them. And unless the exp or monies Is good It’s likely you won’t go back afterwards. It kinda just sounds like you want to be able to gain more while shiny hunting for Fennekin but having everything In one dungeon Isn’t really healthy balance-wise.

You said yourself that there’s five exclusives there. Five!!! That’s kind of a lot. Is that not enough of a reason to have the dungeon, especially If you’re shiny hunting them? I don’t see why Dreepy or Hatenna would be added If there’s already so many recruits.

Having “bad” Items In end boxes balances It out so you don’t get something good every time…Imagine how many Items someone would get for shiny hunting In a dungeon where only good things were In the boxes. Adding the Nullifying Amulet would get rid of one of Scorched Grasslands niches. Taking exclusives from other dungeons Is going to feed Into the “There’s nothing I need/want In X dungeon” thing, so. They should only be taken from dungeons that have too many Items anyway like SF and TC. If only we had like level reset dungeons so It’s actually hard to get good Items and they can’t be speedran In 20 minutes.

Even If all this stuff was added, eventually you’d get all of It anyway, right? So then what’s the point? When you get shiny Fennekin or whatever other shinies you’re hunting, you’re not going to go back. You won’t get anything out of shiny hunting until you find the shiny you’re looking for, that’s just how It Is. That’s how It Is If the shiny Is In a dungeon that Isn’t stacked with rewards, but dungeons shouldn’t be that stacked anyway. Like If you’re hunting anything In Mt. Moon or SF you’re going to get so much out of It, but that doesn’t mean It should be this way. In Rescue Team DX, strong foe Ampharos Is In the literal baby dungeon Sinister Woods. You won’t be getting anything out of It other than the shiny besides box drops, and that’s a-ok.

Oran Berries are actually really useful tbh for people who actually fight stuff In dungeons. Not everyone runs Rest so eating them Is helpful when low on HP and you’re too lazy to run around for a few seconds. I actually think rare Items on the dungeon floors would be neat but stuff quickly stop becoming “rare” If someone Is spamming the dungeon. There has to be “junk” Items, you can’t just remove everything that Isn’t Immediately valuable.

Edit: One thing I can agree on Is a problem Is the length, but It was only mentioned as a point to why It should have better things. I just think not every dungeon has to be so long, makes training anywhere really exhausting, and realistically dungeons aren’t so many floors every time. MC could have lower floors, rather than making It long and giving the expectation of really good loot.

2 Likes