Option to turn off running into guild members during dungeon runs

I feel as if the mechanics for allowing guild members to enter into your dungeon without being in a party has hindered more than helped anyone. It’s a little frustrating when I want to train solo and I suddenly get knocked out because a high-leveled player is running another group in and spams room-wide moves.

Would there be some way to perhaps enable/disable whether a guild member would be allowed to enter the same dungeon you’re in if not grouped? Perhaps a toggle option in the party tab if one creates the party?

We can definitely do this, but there’s a fair amount of work that has to go behind implementing a toggle which makes it a lower priority at the moment. The band-aid fix would be to disable running into guild members in dungeons altogether.

Other suggestions that try to solve this problem:

1 Like

The feature sees a lot of use for guildmates rescuing one-another, personally I’d very much prefer to avoid the nuclear solution here.

3 Likes

Personally, I would be fine with the band-aid fix for the time being, as the other immediate option is to simply leave the guild. Perhaps I’m in the minority here, being new, but depending on the size of the guild, that’s wasting quite a sum of money.

Additonally, I’m admittedly struggling to see where the feature could be useful past: A) dropping helpful items for someone in advance and B) assisting in the event of a monster house if you happen to be stationary and still blinking. Would you care to tell me some other ways in which a guildmate could rescue another needing assistance?

1 Like

There exist several items that revive all allied players on the floor. Namely the Restore Power, Revive, and Max Revive. All of which allow you to enter a dungeon and clear up to the floor your guildmate fainted on in order to revive them.

I think the simplest solution to avoid untimely death by friendly fire is to simply disable it globally outside of the arena, whether you’re in a guild or not.
It’s always struck me as a little bizarre and out of place that it even exists as a mechanic at all. Perhaps a remnant from the old outlaw system?

2 Likes