PMU Returns

Was it near the Crossroads? Because that happened to me too. ^-^

Just reinstall and it should be working as good as new! [/quote]

Updates on the newly-installed version are failing to install…[/quote]

Try repairing your client? If not, did you use the installer from the website? I don’t know if they changed it or not. They might have!

Ugh. Nothing is working. “Access to path KB-A-001.dll denied” is the error I get whenever I try to update, either from the old client or the new client.

Ugh. Nothing is working. “Access to path KB-A-001.dll denied” is the error I get whenever I try to update, either from the old client or the new client.[/quote]

Try running either client as an administrator. Right click, run the EXE as admin.

You could also try disabling your anti-virus for a moment, then doing the above. Seems the game is having trouble accessing/writing to a file it needs to update, those are the only two things I can think of that would interfere with that.

EDIT: Or stuff could be set to read-only for some reason, but I don’t see why it would be…

Ugh. Nothing is working. “Access to path KB-A-001.dll denied” is the error I get whenever I try to update, either from the old client or the new client.[/quote]

Try running either client as an administrator. Right click, run the EXE as admin.

You could also try disabling your anti-virus for a moment, then doing the above. Seems the game is having trouble accessing/writing to a file it needs to update, those are the only two things I can think of that would interfere with that.

EDIT: Or stuff could be set to read-only for some reason, but I don’t see why it would be…[/quote]

I did both of those-- turned off my particularly hyperactive antivirus program, and also tried running as admin. Neither worked.

Could you post a screenshot of the error in it’s entirety for me?

[spoilerscreenshot:1icm0vs3]

[/details]

That error is something (usually Windows) blocking the program from accessing the file/path that it wants to.

You could try updating your .net framework with this link here, maybe there’s some weird privledges that need to be updated, I dunno. Always run the program as admin.

Since it appears to be an error with updating, I’ll archive my client and upload it here momentarily. I’ll edit this post when I do so.

Thanks! If you could zip and send via Google Drive, that works too :D

Is the server down or is it just me?? They did bring it back up right?

Sorry about the wait. I’ve PM"d you a link that I think should work. Let me know if you are both able to download, and run the game okay.

Char, your file might be in the vault of your Security Program so you might need to restore it and take it out. That’s what I had to do. :)

Sorry about the wait. I’ve PM"d you a link that I think should work. Let me know if you are both able to download, and run the game okay.[/quote]

The files worked perfectly two days ago-- thank you so much for that! However, today they are as useless as my original client :cry:

For some reason, it keeps wanting to download and install updates from January 16, 2014-- and then gets stuck on that. Same problem, KB-A-0001.dll doesn’t work. Do you know any way around this?

Thanks Why, but I don’t think that’s it, because I can find the file (KB-A-0001.dll) in the UpdaterCache folder.

Well, if it’s there or not isn’t an issue, the issue is that your game client for some reason is being blocked from accessing whatever file it needs to.

The fact that it is still persisting and we’ve tried disabling both antivirus and running with admin privileges leads me to my third guess;

1. Go to your program directory (C:\Program Files\Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, usually)

2. Right click the “Client” folder.

3. Click “Properties”.

4. Uncheck “Read Only”.

5. Go into the client folder, and repeat steps 2-4 for every folder inside of it.

If that doesn’t work, your user account on your machine must not be high enough privileges, or you still have an outside program that is interfering.

I’ve just came on for a while and chilled. Haven’t been doing much training because I’m a lazy boy. x3

Nah, I install it as a portable on my external hard drive :) If I try to install it anywhere on my C drive, the installer screws up even worse-- for some reason it doesn’t have privileges to make folders, or something weird like that.

Hmm this shows promise! For some reason, you’re right, the folders are read-only… not sure why. Changing that now; hopefully it works!!!

[quote][/quote]

Not working. I’m just going to try restarting; I haven’t done that in a while, actually.

Hey, I seem to get this error when I try updating, Reinstalling didn’t help.

you quoted nothing and left out a [/quote

on a sidenote. glad ive done what ive done