Sharky's Banner & Avatar Gallery [Taking Requests]

Hello. o3o
I’ve been using a lot of Paint.Net recently for signatures and avatars, and I was pretty ‘‘happy’’ with them, but eh. they still suck bad so yeah
I’ve improved a lot since I last used it, so comments and stuff will be appreciated!

^^^^Like this! Border is difficult to see… but I like it, probably will be using it as my signature.

Really happy with this one. xD Finally found a decent text site and will be practising with it… thoughts?

Signatures:

…I dunno.

^^^^ I KNOW THE BACKGROUND asdf. I went REAAALLY crazy with this, I had no idea what to put as the background and kinda went over the top… xD And YES I know the text, it was rushed so I just made the text clear enough. no complaints plz

That was my first one.

^^^^ Second one, a little crazy but thought it came out pretty okay. :P

^^^^ Random Glaceon avatar, just jammed a bunch of C4DS, use if you want. xD

^^^^ First ever Avatar I believe… Border is a little difficult to see due to the colour scheme, but to be honest I like it a lot. xD;

That’s it for now… xD; I know, I didn’t make much but eh, I can make more when I have the time. xD; Thoughts and stuff will be highly appreciated!

Yes!! I know already about the text, and to be honest I have no idea what kind of text looks good on signatures, so tips and suggestions on that would also be appreciated. Thanks!

I think they’re all great! In particular I like the leafeon banner, the harmonious colours work well in sort of making a seamless line between the leafeon and the background. The text like you said, could be more fitting but I’m not sure either, sometimes simple is best. Besides, it follows the rule of red on green and overall you’ve got these avatars/banners spot-on.~

Thanks a lot! As for the Leafeon one, I agree with the colours. xD I actually first realized it today eventhough I made it yesterday… xD;
Thanks again!

Edit: Deino’s banner is complete! Again, border is a little difficult to see due to colour scheme.

One thing that stood out to me with some of your signatures was that the renders seemed rather out of place. Perhaps try lowering the opacity/putting an effect over the render? Other than that, on the whole they look nice. :)

^ This. I like putting a layer that is a similar color to the background, then putting it on Overlay or Vivid Color or something like that.

Also, white text with black borders will be readable over any color or series of color. I highly suggest using plain white font or that instead of various other colors. Gives it an air of professionalism. [Shrug.]

Or at least, Stroke + Overlay with some color darker than the background. Makes things easier to read than something hawaiian blue or MS Paint red. I don’t really know the Paint.net alternative.

Anyway, never forget to keep trying new things. Maybe you’ll just find something you like. You’re doing great work. Keep it up! :D

I get told that a lot, so I should really do that. xD Thanks for the advice!

Or at least, Stroke + Overlay with some color darker than the background. Makes things easier to read than something hawaiian blue or MS Paint red. I don’t really know the Paint.net alternative.[/size][/quote]
Thanks! I’ll make sure to do that. (:

Edit: Espeon banner added. Did change a lot of the opacity this time! i think it looks even worse

The main issues I saw in this one were that for one the render was very small, which takes focus away from it, and also that the render was rather plain; something to consider is to make it blend more naturally with the background if at all possible. I realise I said this before, however I feel it is one of the most important parts of creating a signature. There are a few ways to do so - I personally prefer to put low opacity/effect layers above my render, some like to use inner glow/outer glow, etc. That part’s all about preference.

A small point to note, and this is optional depending on how you prefer to make your signatures, is to make the text smaller so that it doesn’t draw focus.

Again, ninja Drakos with the word stealing thing again. :'v

Yes, it is all about personal preference, but I guess there’s generally this accepted render / banner size ratio or something. Things are weird.

Oh. Also, I think I forgot to mention. I like putting the render on the brightest part of my background so the edges of my render get illuminated and the two layers are working together to bring focus to a certain section of the image. I don’t know if my explanation makes sense, so I’m going to mess around in Photoshop and maybe post something later. :v

EDIT:

Okay. I’m out of practice /w a blurry screen because not everything is optimized to the fancy schmancy retina screen or whatever, so pixels don’t look as crisp. cry. Oh well. Here:

[spoilerBackground:25dsfwuf]

[/details]
[spoilerBrushes+Glow:25dsfwuf]

[/details]
[spoilerSome Dust Effect I Found On Google:25dsfwuf]

[/details]

[spoilerPrev 2 Combined / No BG:25dsfwuf]

[/details]

[spoilerLuxray Glow On Background:25dsfwuf]

[/details]
[spoilerAll Previous /w Luxray:25dsfwuf]

[/details]

[spoilerFinal Product /w Lighting Focus:25dsfwuf]

[/details]

One more thing, if you save your signatures as .png, they’ll be of higher quality than with .jpgs. :)

I like it. Why I dunno. V:

Aaand another one. Got requested this one o:

I love it ! thank you again c:
your banners are really great o:

Thanks! :3

A new one which I’m proud of. c:

is there any chance I could request a banner thing? :D
Little form thingy owo:
Text: Pandora the Zorua (or just Pandora, whatever is easiest :D)
Picture: a shiny zorua if possible please cx
I don"t really mind what colour the background is, whatever is easiest for you :D

thankyousomuch~

Here it is!

Link: http://oi62.tinypic.com/295vkb4.jpg

Sorry if it sucks. >:

Here it is!

Link: http://oi62.tinypic.com/295vkb4.jpg

Sorry if it sucks. >:[/quote]

Ermehgerd thank you <3
I love it 8D

Hello!
I would like to have an avatar with the Ninja boy from OR/AS
You can try some dark red colors to match. :D

Here you go!

http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=xfdm5f&s=8

Wow it looks nice ^^
Thanks!

Took a break with my Art stuff, which is why I haven’t posted anything for awhile.
Been playing a lot of Super Smash Bros. 4 lately, unlocked Lucina and wouldn’t stop using her. xD So I decided to make a banner of her!

Honestly, I hate it, but eh… I should’ve went for the lighter colours. >:

Anyways, hopefully I’ll make more… if you want me to make something, just let me know. xD