Shiny Hunting Improvement (Looking for other people)

Good Morning/Evening/Night Everyone!

I was thinking in this idea for a time while I was shiny hunting cubchoo. I know we have already the sound than help us to notice there is a shiny in the floor, but, it wouldn’t be better if there is also a message than can tell us which pokemon is in the battle log? That could help us if we are shiny hunting around and maybe we can find a shiny than a friend or known people are hunting for.

This could be pretty good because:
1.- If we found an specific shiny entering the floor, the battle log can tell us which one is, and we can have enough time to call someone who needs it. (Sadly, I can’t say the same if the shiny spawn while you are around the floor)
2.- It’ll make easier (Even more for in-guilds) the way to share shinies or just sell it to others (Idk how does that works…)

To summarize, add in battle log the shiny pokemon name in the floor. Thanks for reading.

Valid suggestion.
When I or anyone finds a shiny you just have to say “hey you should come I found it shiny It might be the jkscjjgkakajg you were looking for” If it doesn’t spawn In your view.

+1

3 Likes

Even if you scrap everything else please at least make this a thing stafferinos :awweyes:

2 Likes

I think it’ll be good enough if everybody in the party can actually hear the shiny noise, as opposed to just the party leader (as it is right now), so everybody knows to be cautious with AoE’s.

7 Likes

It also helps when there’s a hard to tell shiny, like Burmy or Wingull; the latter I was in a party for, so I didn’t have a second to squint.

2 Likes

And it’s next too impossible if there’s a weather condition obscuring the view.

2 Likes

I support this :+1: It sucks finding a shiny that I can’t see after spawning because I’m doing bounties but at the same time there’s a shiny in that dungeon that I would still like for myself.

1 Like

Is “good enough” suggesting It’s all we’d need as opposed to what Parse suggested?
Ideally everyone should hear the sound but that’s effective only If you’re In a party and doesn’t really regard the suggestion of original topic hence “looking for other people”.

1 Like

yeah i agree on this i think it’s pretty useful for giveaways

2 Likes

I personally don’t really care much for a notifying thing in the battle log since I rarely look at it anyways when I’m dungeoning and it’s easy to miss, but I wouldn’t be against one. I’d way rather have the group sound though because it’s a pain sometimes dungeoning with others and the rest not knowing there’s a shiny.

If there would be a message though it ruins the excitement and suprise a bit to just have it straight up say which pokemon it is. I’d rather have something along the lines of ‘‘you sense a mysterious sparkling prescence’’.

3 Likes

I know what you saying, but this topic is more aimed to those who are shiny hunting or wants to hunt for others (Guild helping guildmates or IG friends), it wouldn’t be convenient shiny hunt in a party at all (Most I know In-Game prefers doing it alone, or working with others, but separately, not in a party), and yes, I can agree everyone needs to hear the sound, but I think that’d be out off topic of what I’m trying to pull here.

Yes, Somehow can ruin the excitement and surprise, but, it wouldn’t be bigger the
disappointment if it isn’t the shiny you are looking for? (or maybe a shiny you don’t like… I can tell).

My main idea is to help people to notice which shiny is and call other player with 100% guarantee of the shiny it was found. Most importantly and said that already, this is very convenient if you hear the sound when you join the floor, it gives time and everything to prepare to share it’s location and organize (And not let Mr. Wind get You), It can’t be helped if it spawns once you move on the floor.

And please, let’s keep the topic as “Looking for others”, not for party training or other related situations, we can do other topic talking about it. Not agaisnt it! I know that is needed too and needs to be talked about.

2 Likes

I see what you’re saying - if you’re hunting for someone else you can see the shiny without moving to trigger the wind so you could call the other person easily.

I think whether something like that would be implemented comes down to PMU’s stance on shinyhunting for other people, or selling shinies, itself. I don’t think ‘‘shiny hunting services’’ were entirely intended and catering to those kinds of services over the pure gameplay experience of finding a shiny itself is something I’m not sure about.

It is clear there’s a certain demand for it though, so what would maybe be an option is to have a (fairly expensive) consumable item available that lets you summon another player to your floor. Like this, shiny services come with a pay, and there’d possibly also be a new money/event token/shard/whatever sink.

They wasn’t intended, indeed, but at the end, is not like people is asking with a selling list which shiny for how many poke, this is more a personal price for it’s finding and giving (This means each person really really wants certain shiny and it’s willing to pay, and there are people who are willing to give even more, because, it’s something they really want or thing it’s totally worth for them). Summary, that’s a personal point of view (same of how much they ask for a certain shiny), not general.

That could totally ruin guild system and what is intended to do, also, that could be used for a lot of different situations, most of them, escape rope can cover perfectly.
It’ll be good also a guild timer increase tho, now than there was out-off-topic nerfs than can be plausible to make it a thing too. but let’s now focus on this.

2 Likes