Option to filter out Global chat

Global chat is not something that I want to see when I’m playing this game. Unfortunately, I do have to keep it open to see what items I’ve picked up, getting notifications from events, seeing what’s going on in local, and most importantly, having to type in commands … things I can’t do if I have the counter tab open.

It would be nice if there was some kind of toggle to mute Global, or even filters to see specific chats (like guild and local).

edit: since Quasarlock got me thinking, a MMO really should have some kind of mute chat option if we don’t want to see certain people talking.

swap to counter page ez pz

I mean, I often wish I could filter out global SO BAD. But do you mean… like… you don’t want to see it ever? Uh… dang…
(This is an mmo)
(Not judging I am just confused)

(Editing onto this so I don’t clutter #forum-feed on discord
Saw the reply and: Got ya. Makes sense.)

1 Like

A LOT of information is posted in Global chat. Important information that the game gives you that you can only see in chat… You lose this and the ability to type commands when you switch to another tab. Maybe there’s a conversation going on in local, PMs, or guild chat you want to see but not global. (And speaking of counter, it would be really nice if there was a local cache because I actually do use it.)

Of course this will probably never be implemented seeing as multiple people have suggested this over the past 10 years without any tangible results, but who knows/cares seeing as I’m the first person to have posted about this in several years.

2 Likes

Community isn’t the reason why I play this game anymore. I just get on to collect Pokemon and mindlessly farm EXP now. Seeing people talk in Grassroot local is much more interesting to me instead of whatever’s going on in Global most of the time