Organizing le Storage

This was suggested multiple times in the past. Many many times. We still want an answer.

• Someone Asking For This Since 2013

Seriously though, from what I know, storage organization is extremely difficult due to the coding organization itself.

The code itself would be fine, since items have their own IDs and the like. You would have to just assign each individual item a type. For rarity, I feel that’s more of a Family Item thing, and it could easily be sorted by star count. And ABC order? It just needs to read the item name and it’s fine.

But finding the storage code and adapting it? Yeah, that’s the difficult part. Personally, I haven’t read the PMU Code closely (and to be honest, I don’t want to read it closely because I hear it’s all over the place). Storage is “hard-coded”, meaning that you can only fix it by going to the base of the code, which is difficult since there is little to no comments on the code itself telling where to go to edit these parameters.

But I don’t know the whole story since I’m not a staff. :/ I can only give my interpretation of why it would take a long time.